There are so many scents out there that some people might have weird preferences when it comes to using them while making scented candles. For example, some people might like the smell of the forest woods, whereas others might prefer the smell of fresh laundry.
You can do it without any issues if you want to add a fresh linen scent to your DIY candles. You just need to obtain the oil blend that exudes the aroma of fresh linen. Also, with the easy availability of candle wax, wicks, and other ingredients online, it is easy to make fresh linen-scented candles at home.
Homemade Fresh Linen Scented Candle Making
To make scented candles that exude a refreshing fragrance of freshly washed linen fabric, you need to be completely aware of the ingredients you will need to make them. Therefore, we are presenting the list of candle making supplies required to make fresh linen-scented candles.
Fresh Linen Scented Candle Supplies:
- Fresh Linen Fragrance Oil - 23 ml
- Candle Wicks - 2
- Candle Jars - 2
- Soy Wax Flakes - 380 Grams
- Candle Colour - One pinch of color would be enough
List of Tools & Equipment:
You would also need some equipment to carry out the procedure of candle making conveniently. This equipment must be high-quality to ensure that nothing goes wrong while making candles. The list of the equipment along with their uses have been explained below:
- Mixing Spoons: To mix the ingredients properly
- Melting Container: To be used for the double boiler
- Candle Jar: To set the molten wax
- Wooden Wick Holder: To retain the position of the wicks
- Hot Glue Gun: To paste the wicks inside the container
- Kitchen Scale: To measure the quantity of ingredients
- Thermometer: To check the temperature of the molten wax
- Safety Gloves: To protect your handles from the melted wax
- Safety Goggles: To protect your handles from the melted wax
Know About Fresh Linen Scented Candles Supplies
Knowing more about the candle-making supplies and ingredients is necessary to make scented candles without issues. The following details will help you to choose the right ingredients without fail.
- Fresh Linen Fragrance Oil: Fresh linen fragrance oil is a perfect blend of musky and powdery notes. It also has a hint of floral freshness with mild notes of citrus fruits as well. The scent is clean and energetic enough to fill your rooms with fragrance. However, ensure that you get only the blend that is made from pure and organic essential oils.
- Candle Wicks: You can use pre-waxed cotton wicks for longer and consistent burning. However, if you are making tea candles, wooden wicks can be ideal as they burn slowly. Choose high-quality wicks as they will affect the burning rate. Trim the wicks whenever necessary to prevent the candles from releasing excessive smoke.
- Candle Jars: You will need two amber or any dark-colored glass jar with a capacity of at least 4 ounces of wax. Don’t choose clear candle jars as they easily catch the soot and smoke.
- Sox Wax Flakes: You can use organic soy wax flakes for making candles. It retains scent for a long time and burns cleanly without creating any fuss or soot. Moreover, it is easier to melt soy wax as compared to carnauba and paraffin wax.
- Candle Colours: Using candle colors is totally optional as it depends upon your preferences. If you want to add colors, we prefer red or yellow as they give a sparkling effect to the flame. Also, organic and natural colors are recommended as they don’t have any side effects.
How To Make Fresh Linen Scented Candles - Step by step
To make fresh linen-scented candles, measure all the ingredients properly with a digital kitchen scale. Then, melt the wax using a double boiler or microwave as per your convenience. Finally, follow these steps to make perfect scented candles at home:
Step 1: Melt The Soy Wax Flakes
Melt the wax in a double boiler. Cut the soy wax chunks before adding them to the double boiler. Use a spatula to avoid the formation of lumps.
Step 2: Mix In The Fragrance Oil And Candle Dye
Allow your wax to cool for 1 to 2 minutes once it has completely melted. Next, pour your fragrance oil into the heated wax. Mix it thoroughly to ensure that the fragrance oil is properly blended into the wax.
Step 3: Insert The Wick Into The Candle Jars
Place the pre-waxed wick in the candle jar. Put a little amount of wax in the center of the container's bottom. Insert the wick until it reaches the wax, allowing enough wick at the top to hang over the container's end.
Step 4: Use Wooden Candle Wick Holder
Hold the wick in place until the wax hardens, then use a wick holder to pinch the wick's top end and put it over the top of the container, maintaining the wick centered and upright.
Step 5: Transfer The Molten Wax To The Candle Jar
Pour the wax over the top. Stir the wax until smooth, then carefully pour it into the container. Make sure the wick is upright in the candle jar.
Step 6: Allow The Candle Wax To Cool
Allow the wax to harden overnight. The next day, trim the excess wick, and your soy candle is ready to use.
We hope that you liked our DIY fresh linen-scented candle recipe. If you have any suggestions or recommendations, please don’t hesitate to comment below. You can also use different scents and oils to explore fragrance notes in your scented candles.
Get the ingredients only from trusted sources to maintain the quality of your homemade candles. Make awesome candles with fresh linen scent and give them to your loved ones and friends on special occasions.