Candles play an important role in aromatherapy and there is something different and unique about natural scented candles. So it is always best to keep scented natural candles such as eucalyptus candle, which is beneficial to health in many ways.
These days people love trying handmade stuff, and the handmade recipe for eucalyptus scented candle is very easy to try at home. Let us know more about the same below.
Benefits of Eucalyptus Scented Candles
The Eucalyptus essential oil has a cleansing, purifying, and clarifying properties that helps to improve the air quality when used in candles. Burning a eucalyptus candle is very useful as it refreshes the air all around the premises.
The candle is very good for the respiratory system and alleviates breathing problems easily. The candle also helps to reduce headaches and stimulate the senses. Eucalyptus candles have a soothing effect on the mind and reduce stress.
Know About Eucalyptus Scented Candle Supplies
It is significant to know about the supplies while making a candle for yourself at home. The significance that the supplies hold in a recipe is quite important. It is necessary to know about the beneficial and particular work that each supply does in the recipe. Let us know more about the eucalyptus-scented candle supplies below.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil: Eucalyptus essential oil is a versatile oil that clears the chest and keeps the bugs away. When used in candles, the oil helps to refresh the air and soothe the pain. The oil is very effective in healing wounds and alleviating breathing problems. In addition, the oil is very helpful in reducing headaches and stress.
- Soy Wax Flakes: Soy wax flakes is a natural biodegradable resource. The wax has a lower melting point and is used in candles. Soy candles burn slower with zero petro soot. The wax makes candles sustainable for a long.
- Virgin Coconut Oil: Virgin coconut oil is a very popular oil used to combat fungal and bacterial infections. The oil is very gentle in nature and has an amazing aroma to it. The oil has many nutrients that improve one’s health and metabolism. It is a really good oil to use in scented candles.
- Pre Waxed Candlewick: Pre waxed cotton candlewick is used to fit in the container with a little extra length for the candle set.
- Glass Jars: For unique edge and shape, use a heat resistent glass jars which is that could be old ceramic teacups as well.
- Wooden Candle Wick Holder: A wooden wick holder is a thin wooden stick that is used to hold the candle. A wooden skewer is used for culinary applications.
How To Make Eucalyptus Scented Candles - Step by step
The process of making eucalyptus candles is very easy and involves a few steps. The candles are beneficial to health and should be made at home with useful natural ingredients. Let us check out the procedure of making these candles at home.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil - 22 Drops
- Soy Wax Flakes - 1 Cup
- Virgin Coconut Oil - ½ Cup
- Glass Container
- Pencil - 1
- Pre Waxed Candle Wick
- Wooden Candle Wick Holder
Step 1: Melt The Wax
Melt soy wax and coconut oil in a pyrex measuring cup and place it in the center of the small saucepan, you may even use a double boiler to melt the wax. First, add enough water to the saucepan to reach up to 1-2 inches. Then, boil it at low until the wax is completely melted.
Step 2: Mix In The Essential Oil
Allow your wax to cool for 1 to 2 minutes once it has completely melted. Next, add 22 drops of eucalyptus essential oil. Mix them both and pour them over the top of the candle so that it thoroughly coats it with an amazing aroma of the eucalyptus oil.
Step 3: Insert The Wick Into The Candle Jars
Place the pre-waxed wick in the candle jar. Put a little amount of wax in the center of the container's bottom. Insert the wick until it reaches the wax, allowing enough wick at the top to hang over the container's end.
Step 4: Use Wooden Candle Wick Holder
Hold the wick in place until the wax hardens, then use a wooden wick holder to pinch the wick's top end and put it over the top of the container, maintaining the wick centered and upright.
Step 5: Transfer The Molten Wax To The Candle Jar
Pour the wax over the top. Stir the wax until smooth, then carefully pour it into the container. Make sure the wick is upright in the candle jar.
Step 6: Allow The Candle Wax To Cool
Allow the wax to harden overnight. The next day, trim the excess wick, and your soy candle is ready to use.
Variations of Eucalyptus Scented Candles
Eucalyptus scented candles can be found in various beneficial varieties for health and look beautiful when decorated in homes. The candles have natural ingredients and essence to them that refreshes the overall aroma and alleviates a lot of skin and breathing issues. Let us know more about the variations below.
- Eucalyptus Mint Candle: Eucalyptus, when mixed with mint in a candle, simply cleanses the senses and air. The mint is known to improve mood and relieve stress. Both the ingredients create a calming and cozy environment. The candles are perfect for aromatherapy and refresh the mind and body.
- Lavender Eucalyptus Candle: Lavender is a very versatile natural essential oil that, when mixed with Eucalyptus uplifts the overall mood of the person. The candle helps to decongest the nose and provides instant relief from pains, colds, and allergies. The candle helps to relieve muscle pains, headaches, and stress. The candle relaxes the body and spreads a positive aroma.
- Eucalyptus and Rosemary Candle: The scent of Eucalyptus and rosemary candles is so helpful in aiding the focus and memory of the individual. When the candle is lit, it helps create a very relaxed and cozy environment all around. The candles are refreshing and combat bacteria and other impurities in the air.
Eucalyptus scented candles can be easily made with the help of a few steps. The candles are very beneficial for both the health and overall well-being of the person. The Eucalyptus is known for alleviating breathing problems and bacteria from the air.
There are variations in eucalyptus candles that you may create with the help of other essential oils, and they look beautiful when decorated on the premises. This candle is perfect to use during aromatherapy and relax the mind and body.