A gorgeous candle that brightens and smells your surroundings is a must-have feature for personalizing your home. We've seen a lot of exquisite and minimalist candles, but today we're going to show you something different: a bright, colorful, and joyous candle.
On the occasion of Pride Month, let's construct a magnificent colorful candle using the rainbow flag's distinguishing colors. To make it, you'll need soy wax flakes and a lot of imagination. Let's look at how to produce a rainbow candle out of soy wax flakes.
Homemade DIY Rainbow Candles
Wax and colors are the two key elements that require careful attention. Use 100 percent soy wax to make this candle. Dyes are especially important for this candle.
This project requires seven colors, which correspond to the rainbow flag's seven primary colors. Purple, blue, sky blue, green, yellow, orange, and red are the colors of the rainbow.
Rainbow Candle Making Supplies:
- Soy Wax Flakes - 310 Grams (For 7 Layers, 44 Grams Each)
- Rainbow Candle Dye - 5 to 6 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Each Of Rainbow Colors)
- Candle Wick - 1
Tools Need For Rainbow Candle:
- Double Boiler
- Glass Container - 30 Cl
- Wick Centering Tool
- Kitchen Thermometer
- Kitchen Digital Scale
Know About Rainbow Candle Making Supplies
The list of components is short since all you need is a good grade of 100 percent soy wax and seven candle dye for rainbow colors. Let's take a closer look at some candle making supplies for rainbow candles.
- 100% Pure Soy Wax Flakes: Soy wax is a renewable natural wax. Since soy wax has a lower melting point than paraffin wax, soy candles burn slower or longer than paraffin candles. In addition, it is great for making soot-free candles since it burns clean and produces no soot.
- Candle Dye: When these particles are placed on candles, they reflect light and create a sparkling look. Dyes come in two varieties: liquid and powder. Dyes dissolve in liquids and, because they burn easily, do not clog wicks when added to candle wax. As a result, they usually only have a little effect on the way a colored candle burns.
- Candle Wick: The purpose of a wick is to transport wax to the flame and maintain it is burning. Similar to a gasoline pump, the wick lifts the melted wax up into the flame to burn. When candles are burned, a dark, sooty residue is left behind.
How To Make Rainbow Candles at Home - Step by step
This candle required only a few materials and an easy-to-follow method, making it one of the easiest to make. So let's get started making this fantastic candle; we've included a step-by-step guide.
Step 1: Measure Your Ingredients
- Before using, get a 30 cl glass container and make sure it's clean and dry.
- Use wick stickum to fix your wick in position at the bottom of the glass.
- Fill your pan halfway with boiling water and lay it on a burner or hotplate to melt your soy wax using the double boiler method.
- Weigh out 44 grams of wax with your metal scoop and digital scales and place it in a glass dish.
Step 2: Melt Your Wax
- Place the wax bowl on top of the pan and use a thermometer to monitor the wax's temperature while it heats up.
- Keep your pan on low to moderate heat, and don't let your wax get hotter than 80°C.
- Once your wax has melted, add your color of choice, either color dye powder or liquid dye.
- Add a tiny spoon of candle color powder and gently mix until the color has spread evenly; add more dye if you want a brighter color.
- Pour the wax into your candle glass slowly and gently to produce your initial layer.
- To attach the wick and assure it is suspended taut and upright, use a wick centering tool.
- Allow 1–2 hours for the candle to set before adding the next color layer.
Step 3: Repeat The Process
- Repeat for each color until your glass is 1cm from the top.
- If you have sinkholes on your last layer, save any leftover wax from redoing the pour.
- Allow your candle to cool completely before using it.
- Trim the wick to the desired length.
- Put your new candle to the test.
Start your candle-making craft with VedaOils. Now that we've seen the formula for a fantastic rainbow candle, it's time for you to make one for yourself. And purchase the best quality candle dye and soy wax flakes from VedaOils, India's best quality candle-making supplies provider.