Shikakai Powder is made from the dried and crushed fruits of Acacia Concinna which is predominately found in India. Acacia Concinna is a shrub that is mostly found in the southern and central parts of India where the weather is hot and humid.
Shikakai herbal powder has been for many centuries in India as it is one of the traditionally used hair care remedies in Ayurveda. It can condition your hair so deeply that it can even replace premium quality hair conditioners.Moreover, this powder can also be used for resolving scalp issues.
You can also make a gentle shampoo from this powder by just mixing it with some water. This shampoo proves to be effective for cleansing your scalp and hair nicely.It is a rich source of saponins and proves to be ideal for the overall health of your hair. Also, it suits all scalp and hair types without any issues. Shikakai herbal powder comes in powdered form and has a light golden brown color. It has a typical herbal aroma that can be quite strong for some people.
Shikakai Herbal Powder Benefits
Add 1 Tablespoon of Shikakai powder to your shampoos and conditioners to enhance their effectiveness. It makes your hair silky, smooth, and strong. You can also mix this powder with water to form a paste and that paste can be massaged on your hair and scalp to get rid of dandruff.
- It also tends to darken hair follicles that have a dull and lighter shade. Therefore, a small quantity of this powder can be mixed in your herbal hair dyes as well.
- Shikakai Powder acts as foaming agent and cleanses your scalp and hair gently. The mild nature of this powder makes it compatible with all skin types. You can use this powder regularly in your hair care regime to make dull and listless hair look smooth and shiny.
- As it makes your hair silky and smooth, it also detangles it and helps you to do hair straightening easily. This herbal powder also promotes hair growth and can be utilized in hair care products to obtain thick and shiny hair in a short period. Some people also use it to prevent hair loss.
How to Use Shikakai Herbal Powder ?
Store this powder in a dark, cold, and moisture-free place away from direct sunlight. You can make a DIY shampoo by adding Amla powder and Fenugreek seeds to this powder and then combining it with an appropriate quantity of water. Blend Shikakai powder (2 Tablespoons) in two cups of coconut oil and then Add 1 Cup of almond oil to it. You can apply this oil daily for enhancing its thickness, luster, and to strengthen it as well.
Shikakai Herbal Powder Uses & Details
Shikakai Herbal powder is used in hair packs, shampoos, conditioners, DIY hair care products, hair masks, and other hair care applications.
- INCI Name: Shikakai Powder (Acacia Concinna)
- Raw material source: Shikakai fruit (pods)
- Manufacturing Process: Acacia Cocinna (Shikakai) fruit pods are dried first and they are crushed to obtain the fine powder. No chemicals are added to this powder which makes it 100% pure and organic.
- Tested On Animals: No
- GMO: GMOs are not present in this powder but it does not contain a certificate for that.
- Vegan: Vegans can also use this powder as it is free from animal-derived ingredients.
Organic Shikakai Powder has been used in India for centuries as hair wash & hair conditioner. It cleans hair,. prevents itchy scalp & deep conditions leaving hair soft & manageable. Buy Natural Shikakai Powder from Vedaoils.
Note: It is formulated only for external use and therefore, avoids consuming it internally.People who have sensitive or inflamed scalp skin should avoid using it or consult a doctor before applying it on their scalp. Avoid direct contact with eyes while applying this powder and rinse with cold water at once if such a thing happens.