We often have roses in our gardens that are left unused. Also, if you offer flowers to a temple in your house and don't know what to do once they start drying, you must read this article. Today, we will introduce the recipe for homemade rose soap that is made with the help of rose petals and a few other ingredients.
Rose contains natural anti-inflammatory compounds. Therefore, when you use them to make a bar of soap, they soothe your skin and give your soaps a deep mesmerizing aroma. Keep reading this article to learn how to make homemade rose soap using simple steps.
Benefits of Homemade Rose Soaps
Let's know why to make Rose soap at Home. Apart from exuding an amazing aroma, rose soaps are also beneficial for your skin in various ways. The natural healing properties of rose make it one of the favorite ingredients of soap makers. Here are the main benefits of using rose soaps:
1. Antioxidants: Homemade rose soap contains powerful antioxidants that heal your skin and protects them from external factors. They neutralize the free radicals that can damage your skin. Also, the antioxidants don't allow dust, dirt, pollution, and other environmental factors to affect the texture and appearance of your skin.
2. Nourishes your skin - DIY soap recipe contains rose petals containing a natural oil that deeply nourishes your skin. The rosewater obtained from a rose is known for its skin-toning properties. Including rose extracts in the DIY soap recipe will moisturize your skin as it is rich in vitamin E. It also boosts collagen and makes your skin soft and beautiful.
3. Heal Inflammation - Rose extracts contain anti-inflammatory compounds. They protect your skin from inflammation and heal redness and irritation of the skin. Therefore, rose soaps prove useful for treating various skin issues like acne, pimples, etc.
4. Remove excess oil - Rose soap contain gentle cleansing properties. These properties make your skin dirt-free and eliminate dead skin cells and excess oil from the skin pores. As a result, they tighten your pores, giving a firm and smooth texture to your skin.
Homemade Rose Soap - Easy & Quick
To make rose soaps, we need a melt-and-pour soap base. It is because this type of soap base helps you to cut and melt the soap base easily. You can also use the soap base already infused with rose essential oil. It is essential to add the other ingredients at the right temperature to make perfect DIY rose soaps. Therefore, before making this recipe, don't forget to procure tools like a thermometer that would help you to check the temperature of the melted soap base.
Ingredients for Rose Soap Making
Collect all the required ingredients in the right quantity before you follow the steps. It will make soap perfect and reduce the chance of mishappening. Apart from the soap base, you can use rose essential oils, rose petals, and some other ingredients to enrich the nutritional value and benefits of the soaps. Adding rosehip seed oil is also recommended due to its soothing effects on the skin. The list of ingredients that you will need to make this recipe is given below:
- Dried or fresh rose petals - a handful
- Distilled Water - 10 oz.
- Olive Oil - 10 oz.
- Rosehip seed oil - 1 oz.
- Glycerin soap base - 400 grams (Melt and Pour)
- Rose Absolute Oil - 2 tbsp.
- Rose Kaolin Clay - 2 tbsp. (optional can be used for adding color)
DIY Homemade Rose Soap Recipe
Let's move to the recipe section for making rose soap at Home. Before you initiate making homemade rose soap, you will need to use a measuring cup to confirm the quantity of the ingredients. The right quantity of ingredients gives you the desired consistency and thickness for the soap base formula.
Method Of Making Rose soap at Home
The step-by-step process to make the DIY rose soap recipe is given below:
- Prepare your supplies and working area to begin. Now, Cut the soap base into 1-inch smaller cubes and Use a double-boiler to melt the glycerin melt-and-pour soap base.
- Once the soap base melts completely, let it cool down a little. As the melted soap base temperature reaches 115-degree Fahrenheit, add the oils to it. If the solution becomes too thick, add a little distilled water.
- Finally, add rose petals and rose kaolin clay to the formula. Stir Gently. Allow the solution to cool down a little, and now you are ready to pour your solution into the soap molds.
- You may add fresh rose petals and buds before they begin to harden. To make your soap more beautiful. (Don't move your soap for 20 minutes. Let them settle into your soap). Then move your soap into a cool and dark space.
- Leave the rose soap for 3 to 4 hours so that the soaps are set completely. Now you can unmold the soaps and let them cure for 48 hours, and then you can use them for gifting or bathing.
We hope that you liked our rose soap recipe. Get only natural ingredients for making this soap. Avoid using any artificial scents or preservatives that can degrade the overall quality of your DIY soaps. Follow the step-by-step process that we have provided, and don't forget to send feedback once you have tried it. Regularly visit our website for more interesting DIY skincare and hair care recipes.