The refreshing and energizing scent of Mint soaps gives such a rejuvenation that one can long for after a tiring and dull day. Commercially manufactured mint soaps may include an artificial mint fragrance instead of genuine peppermint or spearmint essential oil, whereas Organically produced DIY mint soaps contain natural essential oils, which not only makes your skin health better but also invigorate your senses.
Making your own aromatic handmade mint soap with essential oils and other natural ingredients will get you the best of both worlds. We have compiled an easy-to-follow recipe of homemade peppermint soap recipe along with its benefits so that you can use it wisely on yourself.
Homemade Peppermint Soap Benefits
Mint is the solution if you want a soap that will give you a pleasant bathing experience in summer. DIY Peppermint soaps revitalize your skin, giving you a revitalized and vibrant appearance. In fact, homemade peppermint soaps are excellent for persons with oily or acne-prone skin. It also exfoliates your skin, leaving it smooth and supple. Have a look at the benefits of using Homemade Mint Soap:
- Soothes skin irritation: Peppermint soap's calming and cooling properties make it ideal for itchy and irritated skin. Peppermint soap is recommended for psoriasis therapy due to its antiseptic and antibacterial characteristics. It can even be used to treat bug bites.
- Reduces acne: Peppermint soap fights acne-causing germs due to its antibacterial properties. It regulates sebum production, which prevents pore blockage and acne. It also produces a protective layer on the skin, preventing external aggressors from harming it.
- Removes oil and dirt: People with oily or acne-prone skin can use peppermint soap to treat breakouts and blemishes. It also aids in regulating natural oils to achieve the proper pH balance. The natural exfoliating properties of this soap ensure to make skin clean and clear.
- Reduce Sunburn: Soaps containing peppermint are a popular choice for treating sunburns. In fact, it has been shown to have SPF value as well. It is a natural cooling agent, therefore it not only works as a natural pain reliever, but it also gives cooling relief to painful sunburns.
- Cooling Effect: Peppermint soap contains menthol, which has a cooling effect that decreases irritation and promotes clean, bright skin. The refreshing, strong, and soothing aroma of this mint soap also adds to the delight!
Homemade Mint Soap Recipe
Handmade Peppermint Soap Bars are not only gorgeous and aesthetically pleasant, but they also offer incredibly good skin benefits. It acts as an antibacterial skin cleanser and aids in the relief of itchy skin. This peppermint soap recipe can also help relieve discomfort from insect bites, pimples, and acne. To create your own DIY mint soap, follow the recipe below:
Ingredients Needed to Make Homemade Mint Soap
- Melt and Pour Soap Base- 1 Cup
- Cavity Silicone Soap Mold
- A handful of dried peppermint leaf
- Green Soap Colorant
- 10 drops Peppermint Essential oil
- Petroleum Jelly
- Microwave Bowl
DIY Method of Peppermint Soap
Follow the recipe given below to make your very own DIY peppermint soap at home:
Step 1: Chop the soap base into little cubes.
The first step in making your own mint soap is to cut up the melt and pour soap base. As a result, the soap melts more evenly and fast. Make little 1cm (1/2in) cubes out of the melt and pour soap base.
Step 2: Melt the soap base
Melt the soap base in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between. This helps to spread heat evenly and prevents the soap base from burning. Alternatively, you may melt your soap base in a double boiler.
Step 3: Stir the colored soap pigment into the melted soap base.
Now that the soap base has completely melted, it's time to have some fun! This is where you may get creative and add your own ingredients to produce your own soap. But first, color your soap with a soap pigment to give it a natural color.
Step 4: Combine the Essential Oil in a mixing bowl.
After you've finished making your colored soap base, you may add peppermint essential oil. This oil will not only nutrition your soaps, but will also make them aromatic and pleasurable to use.
Step 5: Blend the dried peppermint leaves in a mixing bowl.
Combine the melted soap with the dried peppermint leaves. These dried leaves add a lush and rich look to the soap bars. They also make skin exfoliating and nourishing soaps.
Step 6: Fill the soap mold with the melted soap base.
Pour the mint soap base mixture into your choice soap-making molds after thoroughly mixing it. Apply petroleum jelly to the insides of the molds. The outcomes will be smooth and straightforward if you use a plastic mold. Allow the mixture to cool for 24 hours at room temperature.
Step 7: Remove the soap bars from the mold.
Turn the mold upside down and carefully remove the mint soap bars. Allow the mint soap bars to relax their grip on the molds and tumble out. Only once the Soap bars have completely dried may you pick it up.
Step 8: Store the soap bars in a glass jar.
Because the chilling and setting process of soaps might take 1 to 2 days, it is best to store the batch in a glass jar to retain the shape and texture.
How to Use Peppermint Soap at home?
- Damp your skin using lukewarm water and then gently rub this soap over your skin until a little lather or foam is formed.
- Now you can rinse the soap off of your skin using lukewarm water and then pat dry.
Handmade Mint soap is both beautiful and fragrant. Plus, with the addition of peppermint essential oils, it's an all-natural option you can feel good about using!
Because it's so simple to prepare, this peppermint soap looks sophisticated with very little effort! As an extra bonus, this soap is an excellent handcrafted present for friends, neighbors, family, and anybody else on your list! So have fun crafting your own Mint soap using whatever ingredients you like!
Homemade Peppermint Soap Recipe: FAQ
Q1.Can you put fresh mint in soap?
Ans: Yes, you can put fresh mint leaves into the soaps. But usually, the soaps with fresh mint have a shorter life as compared to the dried mind ones.
Q2.What is mint soap good for?
Ans: Mint soap has a peaceful and soothing smell that can help you feel invigorated throughout the day. It also has a cooling impact on the skin.
Q3. Is mint soap good for the face?
Ans: Yes, mint soap can be used on the face as it brightens the dull skin and improves oily skin. This soap is also a perfect remedy for people who are suffering from acne.
You May Also Like:
- Evening Primrose Oil For Skin Whitening
- Sesame Oil For Skin Whitening
- Wheat Germ Oil For Skin Lightening
- Clove Oil for Hair Growth
- Kumkumadi Oil For Skin Whitening