Body butter are natural ingredients that heal and nourish your skin. However, you can also make DIY body butter recipes and add an invigorating and fresh aroma to it using different ingredients. One of these ingredients is pumpkin pie spice. It is a mixture of spices like cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon that is typically used to add a refreshing scent to the pumpkin pies. However, you can use the same powder to scent your body butter recipe as well. We will be using pumpkin body butter in this recipe that is made from pumpkin seed oil. So let’s examine the ingredients, making process, and tips related to Pumpkin Spice Body Butter Recipe.
How does Pumpkin Body Butter Work for Skin?
Pumpkin body butter contains zinc, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids. They nourish your skin deeply and maintain its tone and texture. Pumpkin body butter also soothes your skin and helps you to get rid of skin issues like acne. It is especially useful in hydrating dry and rough skin. The antioxidants present in this body butter tackle the free radicals that can potentially damage your skin.
Pumpkin Spice Body Butter Benefits
Pumpkin Spice Body Butter is a blend of pumpkin body butter and pumpkin spice. While the butter takes care of the nutritional requirements of your skin, the spices used in the pumpkin spice mixture provide radiance to your skin and eliminate bacteria, fungus, and other microorganisms. Their antibacterial and fungicidal properties along with the anti-inflammatory properties of pumpkin body butter take care of a variety of skin issues. Here are some of the main benefits of Pumpkin Spice Body Butter:
1. Fights sun damage: Pumpkin Spice Body Butter fights sun damage by fortifying the protective barrier of your skin. It contains lipids and proteins that strengthen the barrier function and prevent your skin from external factors like sunlight.
It prevents the skin from getting dark by preventing the sun tan. As a result, you should apply it before going out in the open.
2. Hydrates Skin: Your skin becomes dry and rough due to lack of nourishment. However, Pumpkin Spice Body Butter makes it soft and smooth by restoring the moisture of your skin cells.
It also works on the skin texture and maintains the hydration level for a long time due to its emollient properties.
3. Anti-aging Properties: The powerful antioxidants present in the Pumpkin Spice Body Butter helps to prevent the ageing symptoms like blackheads, fine lines, and wrinkles.
It reaches deep within your skin cells and boosts production of collagen that keeps your skin tight and firm. As a result, the ageing process of skin is delayed and you appear young and beautiful.
4. Treats Acne: The bactericidal and antifungal properties of Pumpkin Spice Body Butter ensures that your skin remains free from pimples and acne. It also possesses anti-inflammatory properties that treat acne and reduce the acne scars.
You can make DIY face creams by using Pumpkin Spice Body Butter to get rid of acne quickly. You may also apply it directly to get rid of acne marks.
5. Reduces dark spots: Dark spots appear due to ageing, damaged skin due to external factors, and many other reasons. It is mainly formed due to clustering of melanin that decides the tone of our skin.
By encouraging synthesis of melanin, Pumpkin Spice Body Butter prevents its clustering and prevents dark spots. It also reduces dark spots by nourishing skin and making your skin tone even.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Body Butter Recipe
Now that you are aware of the several benefits of Pumpkin Spice Body Butter, let’s look at the ingredients used in our DIY Pumpkin Spice Body Butter recipe now.
- Pumpkin Butter - ½ cup
- Pumpkin Seed Oil - 2 tbsp.
- Canned Pumpkin - 2 tbsp.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - 2 tbsp.
- Vitamin E Oil - ½ tbsp.
- Blend Pumpkin Seed Oil, Canned Pumpkin, Pumpkin Butter, Pumpkin Pie Spice, and Vitamin E oil in a mixer. Blend these ingredients until they form a fluffy mixture.
- Transfer the contents in a glass jar for further use. Tighten the lid and store it in a refrigerator to make it last longer.
How to use it?
- Wash your body clean and wipe it with a clean towel. Apply liberal quantities of body butter on your skin.
- Leave it for a couple of hours as the butter needs to be absorbed in your skin completely.
- For best results, leave it overnight and wash your body with warm water in the morning.
- Repeat this process at least twice a week for generating quicker and better results.
We hope that you liked our Pumpkin Spice Body Butter recipe. You can try it at your home and send your feedback and suggestions to us. Always use organic body butter in all your DIY skin care recipes. The other ingredients like fragrance oils, essential oils, etc. should be natural and pure too. Include Pumpkin Spice Body Butter in your skincare routine and make your skin happy!