A facial serum is one of those skincare products that has successfully secured its place in the facial beauty routine after cleansing and moisturizing.
In today’s elaborate skincare regime, it has become quintessential to take care of the skin and not skip any step in between. It is quite surprising to know that it moisturizes the skin, but we still need a moisturizer afterward. It may get oily but not necessarily be called face oil. It can have a water-like consistency but doesn’t make it an essence.
Need of Homemade Natural Serum for Face
Face serum is used with the intent of supplying potent ingredients directly into the skin. Face serum is made up of smaller molecules that penetrate deeply into the skin and deliver a high concentration of active ingredients, making it a great product for addressing specific skin issues, such as wrinkles, fine lines, and aging signs.
DIY Face Serum In Budget - Make Homemade Facial Serum For Glowing Skin
Serums available in the market are quite expensive, and their ingredients' authenticity is also questionable. So, allow me to tell you the simplest recipe of "How to make DIY Face Serum at home using essential oils" to curb wrinkles and aging signs. All you have to do is blend some oils.
Homemade Face Serum Ingredients List
Check out the common essential oil list you can use to make your own facial serums:
- Rosehip Seed Oil – 2 Tablespoons
- Rose Geranium Essential Oil: 5 Drops
- Frankincense Essential Oil: 2 Drops
- Sandalwood Essential Oil: 2 Drops
- Carrot Seed Oil:2 Drops
- Helichrysum Essential Oil: 2 Drops
- Glass Bottle
- Cotton Ball
Benefits of Essential Oil Used In Home Face Serum
If you don't know about the ingredients you are using in your face serum making at home, it is difficult to get the best result for your skincare. So let know the benefits of essential oil used in a homemade face serum.
- Rosehip Seed Oil: It hydrates the skin and repairs damage from free radicals.
- Rose Geranium Essential Oil : It reduces wrinkles, fights skin infection, and promotes skin healing.
- Frankincense Essential Oil : It reduces skin discoloration and elevates blood flow making skin smooth.
- Carrot Seed Essential Oil : It soothes skin burns, shrinks skin pores, and fights off bacteria, causing acne.
- Helichrysum Essential Oil : It is high in anti-oxidants, fights different aging signs such as wrinkles and acne, and is perfect for mature skin.
- Sandalwood Essential Oil: It soothes skin burns, shrinks skin pores and fights off bacteria causing acne
Always go for the natural and organic essential oil listed above. You can easily find these oils in your grocery stores or supermarket. You can also check out Vedaoils collection of oils if you want after collecting ingredients for the facial serum recipe.
Let start making serum for normal skin type, but before that, let know how each essential oil gives unique benefits to your face skin.
DIY Face Serum Recipes - Step By Step
This is one of the most straightforward DIY to make Face serum using an essential oil, so let's start.
- Take a glass bottle with an eyedropper.
- Take the glass bottle and pour all the oils in it in the quantities described above.
- Shake the container well so that all the oils blend together
- Massage your clean face with 4 to 5 drops of the facial serum every morning and evening.
You’ll notice the reduction in your acne breakout, prevention from further pimples, and reduction in wrinkles. Get ready to welcome a clean and smooth facial skin.
Best Essential Oils for Different Skin Types - Make Your Face Serum Now
If you know your skin type, it becomes effortless to find the right oil that enhances your skin's glow helps reduce acne, blackheads, and wrinkles. But if you don't know your skin type then, follow the given below information that allows adding the right essential oil while making face serum at home.
- Dry Skin Type: This skin type people mostly face acne or pimple issues, and to deal with it, add essential sunflower oil, avocado, and sweet almond oil. You can also add rose seed oil and apricot kernel oil in this homemade facial serums to moisturize your skin.
- Mature Skin Type: Make anti-aging serum by including essential oil of rose seed, jojoba, sweet almond, apricot kernel, avocado oil, sunflower oil in a jar and shake it well and start using it to reduce wrinkles and tighten skin.
- Oily Skin Type: If our skin type comes under this category then, then you can add jojoba, argan oil, grapeseed oil in your DIY face serums making at home to maintain the level of oil in the skin.
- Sensitive Skin Type: To make the best face serum is suitable for sensitive skin, take a glass bottle and few drops of grapeseed oil, sweet almond, rose seed oil, argan oil, apricot oil, and avocado oil.
To know the right amount or quantity of essential oil used DIY face serums for the different skin types, even other ingredients such as aloe vera gel, which we will discuss later in the next section.
Safety Measures for Homemade Facial Serum Recipes
Before using your face glow serum , try to keep these safety measure in your mind
- Do not try to add essential oils drops with recommendation.
- Changes in Configuration can lead to skin redness and irritation on face.
- Try to Clean glass jar properly before pouring and mixing essential oils for making natural face serum.