A relaxing bath is what one looks forward to after an exhausting day at work. Immersing yourself in the bathtub and washing off all your worries and anxiety. That’s the magic a rejuvenating bath can do to your body.
How about if we say that adding homemade Bath Bombs to your tub can make your bathing experience altogether dreamy? It would make you feel like swimming in a painting, with a burst of fragrances, colors and essential oils that would enhance your bathing experience.
If you haven’t been living under a rock, you must have guessed it right today we will be sharing a quick and easy DIY bath bomb recipe with you. These little wonders are bundles of joy and easy to make at home.
So, let us share with you an easy and simple way to make DIY Bath Bomb at Home using essential oils and pigmented color without burning a hole in your pocket.
Homemade DIY Bath Bombs Ingredients List
- Powdered Citric acid - 1 Cup
- Baking Soda
- Lavender Essential Oil: 10-15 Drops
- Almond Oil
- A Bowl
- A Tablespoon
- Floral Waters
- Spherical Silicon Moulds ( Bath Bomb Molds)
- Blue Pigment Powder: 2 Tablespoon
- Red Pigment Powder: 2 Tablespoon
You can easily find some ingredients of this Homemade DIY of Bath bombs in your household such as bowl and tablespoon, baking soda etc. Others can easily be found at a local store, or you can buy them online as well.
You can select the color of pigment you want to make your desired bath bomb of various combination of color, its entirely up to you. Even you can add various Essential oil in your ingredient list of DIY Bath Bomb Recipe at home.
After collecting mentioned ingredients, for now, your bath bomb kit is ready, now you need to follow mentioned stepsto make homemade bath bombs.
Homemade Bath Bombs Recipe - Step By Step
- Add Citric Acid & Baking Soda in Bowl: Take a bowl and add a half cup of citric acid and 1 cup of baking soda in it. Combine the mixture using a whisk.
- Add Essential Oils: Now, add 10 drops of lavender essential oil and half tablespoon of almond oil to the bowl.
- Add Pigment Color: After that, add two tablespoons each of Matte Cobalt Blue Oxide Pigment Powder and Matte American Red Oxide Pigment Powder. Mix all the ingredients very well.
- Add Floral Water: Now, sprinkle some floral water in the bowl to moisten the mixture. You can choose from a vast variety of Hydrosol Waters consisting varied floral fragrances from Veda Oils.
- Mix Properly: The mixture should have the consistency of wet sand so that when you squeeze it, it crumbles in your hands.
- Add Mix Bath Bomb Molds: Now, with the help of a spoon, transfer the mixture made into the silicon mould or bath bomb moulds. Fill it very tightly from top to bottom.
- Keep Mould Refrigerated: Keep the silicone mould in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours. After that, carefully turn the mould over and pop out your lavender bath bombs.
Prepare yourself to indulge in the lush and aromatic bath, that too at the comfort of your home. Happy bathing!
Know Your Homemade Bath Bombs Ingredients First
Before making any kind of bath bombs at home, we always suggest you know the benefits of ingredients which you are using in your DIY of bath bombs, as anyone can use these bombs - whether it is kids, teens or any other family member of your home.
All have different skin type, and single bath bomb can't offer all goodness in one, so we will make another DIY for homemade bath bombs for kids in the next blog.
- Baking Soda & Citric acid for bath bombs: Both are important ingredients in the recipe of DIY Bath Bomb, as they create a fizzing reaction while reacting with water and also neutralizes the effect of each other. Citric acid also acts as a mild preservative, helps in increasing the shelf life of bath bombs.
- Lavender Essential Oil: By adding essential oil in your bath bombs, you are giving therapeutic benefits to your body. By adding lavender oil to this recipe, you are getting antidepressant, antioxidant, sedative, soothing and calming properties of it. Directly adding essential oil into your bathtub is generally not recommended by dermatologists thus adding them in your bath bombs is definitely a game changer.
- Almond Oil: This oil offers lot of health benefits, and by adding this in homemade bath bombs, you are adding an excellent moisturizing agent and binding element whichalso helps in the moulding of bath bombs. You can also find a substitute for almond oil in bath bombs by adding coconut oil, hemp seed oil, avocado oil etc.
- Floral Waters: Instead of Water, you add floral water as a hydrating element in your bath bombs. Different types of floral water are available in the market such as rose water, sandalwood water, tea water and more. Each floral water has various therapeutic effects which can clam your nerves and rejuvenate your body.
- Blue & Red Pigment Powder: You don't want your homemade bath bombs to look similar to your soap, so add these pigmented powder in your recipes of the bath bomb. You can choose a different pigmented color to redesign the bath bomb you like.
How to use a Bath Bomb in the shower?
It’s entirely your choice, you can use your homemade bath by filling the bathtub with warm water and drop this bath bomb init and enjoy the show of colorful fizzier display. Not having bathtub can't ruin your bath bombs performance, you can drop by cutting in half in the bucket and put your legs to benefits of essential oils, floral water and other ingredients you used in your DIY of bath bombs at home.
How to Use Bath Bomb for Longer Period?
A homemade bath bombs shelf life is around six months. It depends on how you use it, in this DIY we have already used the main ingredients baking soda, and critic acid acts as a preservative to keep it last longer without offering any skin irritation and redness issues.
Create Professional Bath Bomb Recipes
You can make hundreds of bath bombs with a different combination of colors, essential oils, scents and fragrance oils. Some people love making bath bombs without citric acid, whereas some avoid Epsom Salt, it’s completely your choice. Hopefully, one day you become a professional bath bomb by keep doing the practice of it.