If you expect to have a beautiful and flawless-looking face, Vitamin C is the essential ingredient. The skin lightening effects of this miracle ingredient also work on rigid blemishes and dark spots. Moreover, if you have scars and pimples on your face, treating a vitamin C rich product seems to be the best solution.
Today, we have brought a DIY vitamin C face serum recipe to revitalise your face and make you look younger and fresher. This simple to do homemade recipe is as good as any of the serums you get at a professional spa or beauty salon. Therefore, let's jump into the process straight away without wasting any time!
How to Make Vitamin C Face Serum at Home
Vitamin C assists the process of skin regeneration and repairs the scars and damages seamlessly. You get brighter, softer, and smoother skin every time you treat it with vitamin C. The homemade vitamin C face serum recipe involves a few ingredients and basic steps. Therefore, it can be easily made at home without breaking a sweat!
Homemade Vitamin C Facial Serum Ingredients
We would need some basic ingredients in this recipe, such as vitamin C powder, glycerine, rose water, aloe vera gel, and vitamin E oil. These ingredients bring something special to the table and make the serum skin-friendly and effective. The complete list of ingredients, along with their quantities, is mentioned below:
- Vitamin C Powder - 2 tbsp.
- Vegetable Glycerin - 1 tbsp.
- Rose Water - 2 tbsp.
- Vitamin E Oil - 1 tbsp.
- Aloe Vera Gel - 1 tbsp.
- Glass Bottle with Dropper - 1 Piece
Know Homemade Vitamin C Serum Ingredients
The ingredients mentioned above are essential for making face serum. First, however, be aware of their properties and their benefits to your skin. It will help you use them in the right way, and you may also be able to use some of these ingredients in your future DIY recipes.
- Vitamin C Powder: Vitamin C powder are available at any cosmetic raw materials suppliers, and it rejuvenates your skin. Packed with antioxidants, this magic ingredient works on your complexion and minimises scars and blemishes. You get an even skin tone and youthful skin after treating it with vitamin C.
- Vegetable Glycerin: Vegetable glycerin is a natural humectant that fulfils the lack of moisture by hydrating your skin deeply. It also conditions your skin and absorbs moistness from the surroundings to keep your skin's moisture intact. Therefore, you must add it to this DIY recipe.
- Rose Water: Rose water gives an even tone to your face and acts as a humectant. It heals skin irritation and reduces issues like skin redness and roughness. In addition, Rose water works against acne due to its ability to eliminate different kinds of bacteria.
- Vitamin E Oil: Vitamin E oil nourishes your skin and prevents it from becoming rough and dry. It maintains skin health and minimises hyperpigmentation, fine lines, and wrinkles. Vitamin E oil also helps to maintain the texture and youthfulness of your skin.
- Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe vera gel cools the skin and soothes all kinds of irritation and inflammation. It also takes care of the skin by eliminating bacteria and improving blood flow. In addition, the acne scars and spots on your face can be neutralised by applying fresh aloe vera gel on it daily.
DIY Vitamin C Face Serum Recipe - Step by Step
Vitamin C face serum is easy to make if you procure all the ingredients highlighted in the above sections. You can make this recipe at your home by using these ingredients correctly. Check the below process to understand how it is made:
Step 1: Take a glass bowl and mix aloe vera gel and rose water in it. Remove the lumps of the aloe vera gel so that the mixture becomes homogeneous.
Step 2: Now, take vitamin C powder. Add this vitamin C powder to the bowl and stir it well.
Step 3: Pour vitamin E oil in the mixture. Finally, add vegetable glycerine and mix the ingredients thoroughly.
Step 4: Store the serum in a glass bottle that comes with a dropper. Ensure that the bottle is clean and ready to use. Store it in a cool place to increase the longevity of the serum.
How to Apply DIY Serum Vitamin C?
Cleanse your face before going to bed and apply this serum gently all over your face and neck. Use tapping motion with fingertips to absorb the serum in your skin completely. To experience noticeable results, keep the serum on your face overnight! If you plan to use this serum in the daytime, apply sunscreen afterward. It is because your skin becomes sensitive to sunlight after applying vitamin C.
This was the simple DIY homemade Vitamin C Face Serum recipe you can try at home. If you have any issues, please write to us. Also, ensure that these ingredients are safe and obtained from trusted sources. Do not use too much serum, and allow it to soak in your skin pores. Use this serum once every two days to get the best results. Flaunt your spotless complexion and experience luscious skin with the help of this magic serum!