We all dislike having chapped and dry lips, especially in the winter. As a result, we must ensure that our lips are fully hydrated and moisturized for that we have lip gloss on hand at all times. But, as we all know, lip gloss is not cheap. Guess what?! You can make your lip gloss by following some simple homemade lip gloss recipes.
Your homemade lip gloss will not cost you thousands of bucks. DIY Lip Glosses will be far less costly. You may also create your lip gloss in any color you desire. Most importantly, the lip gloss you make with this easy DIY lip gloss recipe is completely natural ingredients. Say good-bye to synthetic chemicals and flavorings in lip gloss by crafting your own all-natural quick homemade lip gloss.
Benefits of using Homemade Lip Gloss
- Natural: Homemade Lip glosses are made from natural ingredients that are completely safe and healthy for your lips. These lip gloss do not contain artificial color, scent, and flavors which make them good for your lips. They are also made hygienically and in a clean environment, making them even more beneficial for the lips.
- Chemical Free: Making your lip gloss allows you to customize the ingredients to your desire. It is possible to avoid ingredients that irritate or sting the lips. These lip glosses do not use chemicals or pesticides and are completely Cruelty-free. DIY lip balms are also good for the environment because they are biodegradable.
- Inexpensive: Homemade lip gloss is affordable because its components are readily available and significantly less expensive than ready-made lip glosses. Also, DIY lip gloss can be made in a very short amount of time.
- Better Protection: Compared to ready-made Lip Gloss, homemade lip Gloss provides more protection, gloss, and smoothness to the lips. They also help to treat chapped and damaged lips more quickly since they include solely natural ingredients.
Homemade Lip Gloss Natural Ingredients DIY List
The homemade lip gloss recipe is smoother and shinier than the lip gloss available in the market, and for that reason, it leaves your lips feeling soft and silky. DIY lip gloss is also a lot of fun to make since it can be personalized in any manner you like. The key components and recipes for making lip gloss at home are given below.
- Liquid Lecithin - 2 Grams
- Beeswax - 1.5 Grams
- Castor Oil - 8 Grams
- Olive Oil - 5 Grams
- Coconut Oil - 3 Grams
- Vitamin E Oil - 0.5 Gram
Know Your Ingredients Benefits
- Liquid Lecithin: Plant-derived Liquid lecithin is used as a good substitute for synthetic emulsifiers because it adds a beautiful thick creaminess to the DIY lip gloss. This natural ingredient adds a protective layer to the dry and chapped lips and slowly penetrates as well.
- Beeswax: Beeswax will deepen the shine and stabilize the DIY lip gloss. It's a frequent component in lip balms because of its moisturizing properties and ability to protect the lips from dryness and dehydration.
- Castor Oil: Castor oil is a natural oil filled with several Vitamins and Minerals. It is quite a suitable choice for a Diy lip gloss, as it provides a naturally glossy look to the lips. Castor oil also makes it easily glide across the skin.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is another vegetable oil enriched with antioxidants and skin benefitting compounds. When added to the handmade lip gloss, it provides a natural luster and shines to the lips. It is a slow penetrating oil that softens the cracked and dry lips.
- Coconut Oil: The primary benefit of coconut oil in handmade lip gloss is its powerful moisturizing and hydrating effect. It ideal is a very lightweight oil that is perfect for sensitive lips.
- Vitamin E Oil: Vitamin E oil stimulates blood circulation and also helps to rapidly generate new skin cells, which makes the lips appearance soft, plump, and smooth. It also heals the cracks and dryness in the lips.
- Pigment Powder: The powdered red oxide pigment disperses into beautiful pastel colors. It is oil-dispersible, biocompatible, durable, and completely natural color that does not irritate or harm the lips.
- Mica Powders: Mica powder has lovely gloss and little glitter specs into the DIY lip gloss. It does not transfer color to the lips, thus providing a wonderful shimmer and dewy effect.
Easy Recipe to Make Homemade Organic Lip Gloss - Step by Step
Follow the step-by-step instructions to make DIY lip gloss, and then share these handmade token of love with your friends and family because they make fantastic presents!
Step 1: Gather and Measure all the Oils and Beeswax
Gather all of your ingredients and begin preparing your DIY lip gloss by measuring out the castor, olive, coconut oil, and beeswax into a heatproof container.
Step 2: Create a double boiler to melt the Ingredients
Fill a pan halfway with water and bring it to a boil, then decrease the heat to a moderate simmer and immerse the container filled with beeswax and oils in the water. Proceed to slowly boil till the beeswax and the coconut oil are melted completely.
Step 3: Remove the Ingredients from the Heat
When the oils are completely liquefied, remove them from the heat and allow them to cool. While the components are cooling, you will have to continue to stir them well.
Step 4: Stir in the Liquid Lecithin
As the oils cool, they will become more opaque. When this is complete, whisk in the Liquid Lecithin. Mix the ingredients thoroughly until they are blended completely.
Step 5: Add Vitamin E and oils into the mixture
When the lipgloss base starts to cool below 40 degrees Celsius, blend in the vitamin E and a few drops of oil. Mix all the ingredients well.
Step 6: Add Colored pigment and Mica Powder
Add a pinch of Colored pigment Powder and Mica powder to the mixture. Blend the mixture thoroughly till the color is dispersed evenly. Make sure there are no lumps formed.
Step 7: Let Lip Gloss cool completely.
Let the lip gloss mixture settle completely until it cools to room temperature. Meanwhile, You can clean the lip gloss tubes and containers.
Step 8: Fill Lip Gloss Tube with the mixture using a syringe
When the lip gloss is completely settled and cooled, you can transfer the lip gloss wand container or tubes using a syringe. Wipe the lip gloss tube clean if any product is leaked.
How to Apply Lip Gloss Perfectly
Lip Gloss can elevate the look of your lips naturally. You can apply it over lipstick or lip liner to add a shiny touch to the lips. But, If you want to keep your look natural, you can apply the lip gloss as it is without any other product underneath it. Here are some tips and tricks to apply Lip Gloss perfectly:
- Prep your lips by exfoliating the dead skin cells and then moisturize using hydrating and nourishing lip balm.
- Outline your lips using Lipliner, and then fill it in using your favorite lipstick.
- Apply lip gloss directly to the center of the bottom lip, then rub your lips together gently.
This gives just the right amount of shine while preventing the gloss from becoming drippy and clumpy.
DIY Lip Gloss - Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the purpose of lip gloss?
A: Lip gloss is used to nourish, moisturize and hydrate the lips. It also makes lips look beautiful and shiny because it has a natural gloss to them.
Q: Why do girls use lip gloss?
A: Girls use Lip Gloss to enhance the beauty of their lips as it adds a natural tint and shine to the lips. It also makes the lips soft and smooth.
Q: Can lip gloss help chapped lips?
A: Yes, Lip gloss helps treat chapped and dried lips as it has natural oils that are great for the lips. It also heals the cracks on the lips, making them appear smooth and soft.
Q: Is lip gloss good for your lips?
A: Yes, Lip gloss is good for the lips as it has natural skin-benefiting ingredients like coconut oil, olive oil, castor oil, and Vitamin E.
Q: Are lip gloss and lip balm the same?
A: Lip gloss and lip balm are not the same as lip gloss is a little thin in consistency and provides more shine and luster to the lips, whereas lip balm has a wax-like consistency that nourishes the lips.
Q: Is lip gloss edible?
A: DIY Lip gloss is made from natural ingredients, so it is completely safe if you lick or eat it by mistake.
Isn't it simple to make your lip gloss? Crafting your lip gloss is enjoyable since you can express your creativity as much as you like, and you no longer have to buy store-bought lip gloss that is laden with preservatives and unnatural substances. Well, give this recipe a shot, and let's make some simple DIY lip gloss. So, if you are looking for ingredients to make your lip gloss, you should check out VedaOils for it. Vedaoils offers all the Lip gloss ingredients at an affordable price and in premium quality.