Facial serums made from natural ingredients are much better than any cosmetics. It is because they give a glow to your face and moisturise your skin. Moreover, they fight ageing issues and prevent your face from looking dull and dry. You may also make an organic facial serum by using organic ingredients like essential oils. An essential oil facial serum might be the one thing that your face needs from long as it is better for your healthy skin in many ways.
Why are Face Serums Necessary?
You should include face serums in your healthy skincare routine because they nourish your skin deeply. They also boost your skin radiance and make it supple and soft. When you use essential oil facial serums, they prove to be more beneficial as they are made from essential oils that contain several therapeutic benefits. Essential oils tackle issues like acne, pimples, blackheads, etc. due to their anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties. Face serums of different types are available in the market. However, you should be choosing the ones that match your skin type perfectly.
Benefits of Essential Oil Facial Serums
Before learning how to make essential oil facial serum, you must go through the several benefits that these serums can provide. Here are some key benefits that you can reap by using essential oil face serums in your skin care routine:
- Gets Readily Absorbed: As essential oils are lightweight, the facial serums made from them get readily absorbed in your skin. Due to this, they prove to be more effective than skincare formulas that contain heavier ingredients. Their thin consistency allows them to get inside the skin pores without clogging them. Therefore, they prove to be perfect for layering the skin.
- Anti-aging: Essential oil facial serums are rich in retinol and also boost collagen production. They prevent skin from becoming old by healing the issues like fine lines and wrinkles. Your skin looks bright and youthful after applying this serum regularly on your face. Some essential oils also possess skin brightening properties that may improve your complexion by getting rid of tanning.
- Hydrates Skin: Essential oils contain natural hydrating properties that quench the thirst of dry skin. Therefore, they prove to be ideal for moisturising a rough and dry face. Face issues like pigmentation and dark spots usually occur due to the undernourished skin. While they nourish your skin and prevent these issues, your face doesn’t feel oily or greasy on their application.
- Reduces Skin Irritation: You may also feel a relief from itchiness or irritation due to their natural soothing effects on your skin. The anti-inflammatory properties of the essential oils also proves to be beneficial in healing inflamed skin. By incorporating essential oil facial serum in your face care regime, your face would never hurt as it takes loving care of your skin.
- Reduces Pores: Essential oils eliminate the dirt, dust, excess oil, dead skin cells, and other toxins from your skin. They cleanse your skin and also allow the pore size to be diminished. As a result, your skin feels even and smooth-textured after the application of an essential oil face serum. Your skin will feel rejuvenated and refreshed after treating it with a face serum that consists of organic essential oils.
- Soothes Sensitive Skin: Skin of your face is more sensitive as compared to the skin on other parts of your body. Therefore, you must take proper care of it by applying essential oil face serums on your face. Skin becomes sensitive when it doesn’t get proper attention and care. By nourishing your skin deeply, essential oil facial serums prove to be ideal for soothing sensitive skin. They will also heal issues like rashes and skin redness.
- Brightens Skin: Some essential oils contain skin lightening or brightening properties. They cleanse your skin and give you a clear complexion. Moreover, they also balance oil production in skin pores, fade dark spots and uneven patches. As a result, your skin becomes brighter, fresh, and feels younger than ever. The essential oils contains vitamin C are especially recommended for making facial serums that are formulated for brightening your skin.
DIY Essential Oil Facial Serum Recipes
A cool thing is that you have harbour all the above-mentioned benefits by making a DIY essential oil face serum at home. You will need some essential oils and carrier oils to start making amazing essential oil facial serums at home. Here are some useful recipes that we would like to share with you:
Everyday Essential Oil Facial Serum
For making face serum that can be applied to your skin daily, choose the essential oils that are mild and suit your skin type. You must focus on hydrating part and avoid the essential oils that are powerful and can damage your skin if used daily. Here’s an effective and simple-to-make DIY everyday face serum recipe:
- Jojoba Oil - 2 tbsp.
- Rosehip Seed Oil - 1 tbsp.
- Geranium Essential Oil - 2 drops
- Frankincense Essential Oil - 4 to 5 drops
- Lavender Essential Oil - 12 drops
- Carrot Seed Essential Oil - 5 to 6 drops
Mix all the above oils and fill the oil blend in a glass bottle. Use a bottle that has a dropper and tighten the lid tightly. Shake the bottle well before every use.
Anti-aging Facial Serum
For making anti-aging face serum, you will need essential oils rejuvenate and heal ageing skin. Also, the essential oil facial serum must be powerful enough to overcome issues like wrinkles, ageing spots, and fine lines. The below recipe will certainly make face youthful and rejuvenated.
- Coconut Oil - 2 tbsp.
- Vitamin E Oil - 5 drops
- Lavender Essential Oil - 3 drops
- Sandalwood Essential Oil - 4 drops
- Helichrysum Essential Oil - 5 drops
Fill all these oils in a bottle. Use a dark amber colored bottle if possible as it helps to sustain the effectiveness of the oils for a longer duration. Also, tighten the bottle with a dropper to use it conveniently. Shake the bottle well and start applying it as a face serum. For best results, use at least once in every 2 to 3 days.
Essential Oil Facial Serum for Oily Skin
To make DIY essential oil facial serum for oily skin, use Rose essential oil, lemon essential oil, etc. as they are lightweight oils. Due to their non-greasy consistency and ability to get inside the skin cells without clogging them, these oils prove to be ideal for oily skin.
- Grapeseed Oil - 2 tbsp.
- Lemon Essential Oil - 5 drops
- Chamomile Essential Oil - 4 drops
- Rose Essential Oil - 3 drops
- Vitamin E Oil - 5 drops
Mix all the oils properly and fill the content in a bottle attached with a dropper. Vitamin E Oil is optional but adding it would help to keep your skin healthy and nourished. Shake the bottle well and use the essential oil face serum once in every 2 days for the intended results.
Essential Oil Facial Serum for Clear Skin
To make a face serum for obtaining a clear and spotless complexion, you should be using essential oils that cleanse skin effectively. Here are the ingredients that you should be using to obtain a clear skin from DIY face serum.
- Copaiba Essential Oil - 20 drops
- Frankincense Essential Oil - 15 drops
- Lavender Essential Oil - 20 drops
- Tea Tree Essential Oil - 20 drops
- Rose Essential Oil - 10 drops
- Jojoba Oil - 6 tbsp.
Add all the oils to a bottle that comes with a dropper. Pour the career oil over the oils and shake it well. Your DIY face serum for clear skin is now ready to use!
Essential Oil Facial Serum for Glowing Skin
Add the essential oils that add a natural glow to your face if getting a radiant complexion is your goal. However, don't forget to add the carrier oils and other ingredients that heal the skin as the essential oils should not overpower your DIY homemade essential oil facial serum recipe.
- Rose Essential Oil - 5 drops
- Lavender Essential Oil - 15 drops
- Copaiba Essential Oil - 20 drops
- Frankincense Essential oil - 20 drops
- Tea Tree Essential Oil - 10 drops
- Coconut Oil - 7 tbsp.
Add all the oils in a bottle and mix it well. Top them with the coconut carrier oil and shake the bottle again. Your DIY face serum for glowing skin is ready to make your face glow!
Facial Serum for Combination Skin
Jojoba Oil is ideal for combination skin while choosing carrier oils for making essential oil facial serum. It is because it is neither too heavy nor too light. The ingredients for making the DIY facial serum for combination skin are listed below:
- Jojoba Oil - 3 tbsp.
- Lavender Essential Oil - 10 drops
- Frankincense Essential Oil - 10 drops
- Tea Tree Essential Oil - 10 drops
- Witch Hazel Extract - 1 tbsp.
Mix all the above oils including Jojoba Oil and fill the content in a glass bottle. Shake the bottle to mix the oils well and use it once in every two days to get the intended results.
We have seen how great essential oil facial serums can be for your skin. While making any of the above DIY recipes, don’t forget to use organic essential oils that don’t contain any fillers or additives. Also, don’t forget to add plenty of carrier oils and other milder ingredients to balance the concentration of the essential oils. We hope that these recipes will help you to reinvent the lost look, texture, and glow of your beautiful face!
Q: What does a face serum do?
A: A face serum is formulated to give nourishment to your skin while protecting it from environmental hazards. It also hydrates your skin and helps to recover the lost glow and texture by rejuvenating your skin.
Q: Which is the best serum for your face?
A: The best essential oil face serum for your face depends on your skin type, texture, and complexion. If you want to brighten your skin, you can use face serums that contain lemon or rose essential oil. Similarly, if you have dry skin, use face serums that contain Tea Tree Essential Oil.
Q: Can we use a face serum daily?
A: Yes, a face serum can be applied on the face daily provided that they don’t contain any harsh ingredient. Also, the essential oils used in them must not be too overpowering or concentrated.
Q: Is face serum good for the face?
A: Face serum is good for the face as it clears your skin and helps to get rid of the toxins like dust, dead skin cells, dirt, etc. Face serums made from essential oils are especially good as they contain antibacterial, fungicidal, and anti-inflammatory properties that help to heal different types of skin issues.