Clay is a substance available in various forms in nature. It is revered in the cosmetic industry due to its cleansing properties. However, many people don't know that it is packed with minerals like silica, iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, etc., that play an essential role in revitalising your skin.
Therefore, apart from using it for exfoliating purposes, you may include it in your skincare routine. Knowing which type of clay suits you and is best to cure your skin issues is also important while including it in the daily skincare regime. Also, you must choose the natural ones and be free from artificial preservatives and chemicals!
Clay Powder Benefits for Different Skin Types
Clays are available in different forms and types. The composition of different clay types depends on the source, climate, proximity to water sources, etc. Therefore, their properties and benefits vary accordingly. Here are some essential benefits of clay powder applicable for different skin types:
- Acne Prone Skin: Acne grows due to impurities like excess oil and bacteria. To prevent acne or reduce its impact on your skin, you need a powerful exfoliator like Bentonite Clay that is also suitable for oily skin. It kills the bacteria and cleanses oil and dirt from your skin to provide acne-free and clear skin.
- Oily Skin: Oily skin is prone to several issues like pimples, acne, etc. Therefore, you need an effective cleanser like kaolin clay with a powerful oil-absorbing ability. Moreover, as it is gentle for your skin, it does not make your skin dry or rough after application.
- Dry Skin: Dry skin leads to cracks, pigmentation, irritation, and many other issues. Infuse the fullers earth or any other clay powder that nourishes your skin while taking care of its texture in your skincare regime. Experience a smoother, soft, and luscious skin upon regular use!
- Sensitive Skin: Rashes, inflammation, and various sorts of pain are common with sensitive skin. To avoid this, use a clay powder like Kaolin Clay, which does not absorb moisture while maintaining its texture.
Top 5 Clay Powders for Skin Whitening
The colour, texture, and composition of clay powders vary greatly. However, due to their fine texture, they can be easily incorporated into your DIY skincare recipes. Also, many of them exhibit skin whitening and lightening properties. These are the top 5 clay powders that absorb the impurities from your skin to give you a clear, whiter, and brighter complexion:
1. Kaolin Clay Powder for Skin
Kaolin clay powder comes in a fine powdered form and is mostly available in off-white colour. It can be used in the creation of soaps and bath bombs. While it is a gentle exfoliant, it cleanses your skin and enhances blood flow in the region.
Apart from eliminating excess oil, dirt, and other toxins, it also helps maintain your skin's health and complexion. Therefore, incorporate it in your face cream and moisturizers to get a clean and brighter complexion.
2. Calamine Clay Powder for Skin
Calamine clay powder fades dark spots and keeps your skin hydrated for a long time. Therefore, it plays a pivotal role in maintaining the complexion and texture of your skin. It also makes your skin youthful by reducing wrinkles.
If you have acne marks on your face, use calamine clay powder for quick healing. In addition, eliminating acne marks and scars ensures that your face looks clear and brighter. Due to all these benefits, it is often included in anti-ageing products.
3. Moroccan Red Clay Powder for Skin
Moroccan red clay powder is excellent for purifying the skin as it absorbs dirt, dust, oil, and other impurities. It's perfect for folks with dry, sensitive skin. It can be incorporated in DIY face cleansers, and it also works well if you mix it with moisturizers.
Moroccan red clay balances skin tone and reduces stubborn acne and blackheads. As a result, you get a fairer and clearer complexion after applying it to your face. It also maintains your skin's elasticity as it is rich in magnesium and silica.
4. Bentonite Clay Powder for Skin
Bentonite clay can be used to treat skin discoloration. It also lightens your skin naturally and takes care of acne, scars, and stretch marks. Therefore, use it in products formulated for skin whitening.
Face masks consisting of bentonite clay powder prove excellent for cleansing skin. Apart from exfoliating toxins from your skin, it also restores its natural radiance by ensuring proper blood supply to the skin cells.
5. Fullers Earth Powder for Skin
Due to its high absorption capacity, Fullers earth cleanses clogged pores by mixing with oil and other impurities. Therefore, it is ideal for those who have oily skin. It also enhances skin tone by improving the texture and blood circulation to the skin cells.
Face packs containing fullers earth, i.e., Multani Mitti, are popular among beauticians. This is because it gives a brighter tone and softer texture to your skin. Moreover, it works faster if you cleanse your face with a face wash before applying it as a face mask or face pack.
These were the top 5 clay powders that are excellent for skin whitening or brightening. These clay powders don't have any side effects and can be applied at least twice or thrice every week through various skincare recipes. Pure and organic clay powder is healthy for your skin.
However, those containing chemicals can harm the texture and complexion of your skin. Therefore, you should buy them only from trusted sources that offer natural and unadulterated clay powders. Then, include clay powder in your skincare regime and experience the results quickly!