For the longest time, Castor oil plays an important part in a beauty closet and is widely used in the daily skin care routine products like lipstick and lip balms. Castor oil is rich in vitamins, monounsaturated fatty acids, ricin oleic acid, and antioxidants that are beneficial in various ways.
Castor oil for lips works as a charm on dry and chapped lips as it prevents the loss of water through the external layer of the skin and helps retain skin moisture.
Why Castor Oil Is Good For Lips?
The skin of our lips is comparatively more delicate than the skin on the rest of our body, so it needs extra care and attention. Castor oil is a humectant which means it will help preserve the moisture of the outer layer of the skin and promote hydration.
They’re also rich in ricin oleic which is an Omega-9 unsaturated fatty acid that prevents water loss from the outer layer of your skin and prevents it from drying, chapping, or flaking.
Benefits Of Castor Oil For Lips
Castor oil has various benefits that are not only beneficial for your lips, but also for your health. It is a yellow pain liquid that is used in various hair and skin care products.
It is rich in fatty acids like ricin oleic acid, which acts like a great moisturiser. These acids help retain the moisture on your skin and moisturise your dry lips. It also acts as a natural barrier and prevents the loss of water through your outer skin. This helps to soothe the flaked or chapped lips. This will also provide a shine and lustre on your lips.
Relief From Irritation
Due to its thick consistency, Castor oil contains a lot of rich ingredients. If you mix it with any other oils like tea tree or coconut, it will provide you with the benefit of various ingredients combined that will help make your lips ultra-hydrating as it blends with most of the carrier oils without any reaction. This will relieve the skin of your lips from any kind of irritation.
Alternative To Chemical-Based Lip Balms
If compared to some high-end scrubs or lip balms, the Castor oil on lips is comparatively affordable and provides you with the same or even more benefits. It just is quite cheap and helps make a great alternative to moisturisers and lip balms. They are not loaded with any kind of chemicals and will do a lot of good to your lips.
Castor oil can penetrate deep into the skin around your lips and helps them soften. It also delays the appearance of wrinkles and fine areas that can affect these areas in the future. It has an incredibly oily, dense, and creamy texture which when applied to lips immediately helps hydrate them and plumps up the lips, and makes them appear supple, fresh, and luscious.
The fatty acids present in Castor oil helps stimulate the growth of healthy tissues, produce smooth blemish-free complexions, and repair the existing damage. As a result, the old discoloured skin cells are now replaced with new ones, which makes the lips appear softer and even-toned.
How to Use Castor Oil For Lips?
Castor oil can be used in part of your daily skincare routine to help keep your lips looking soft and fresh. You can even apply it directly to your lips. Many women consider buying or prefer to make a homemade lip balm that contains castor oil as the main ingredient.
1. Lip Balm Recipe Of Castor Oil For Dark Lips
You can make a homemade lip balm with Castor oil as the main ingredient to help make your lips look more attractive and soft.
- Castor Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Coconut Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Grated Beeswax - ½ Tablespoon
- Cocoa Butter - 1 Tablespoon
- Vitamin E - ½ Tablespoo
How To Make
- First, take a stainless-steel bowl or a medium glass bowl and combine the Castor oil with cocoa butter, beeswax, and coconut oil.
- In a boiler, melt all the ingredients while stirring it with the fork.
- After it is completely liquefied, add some oil and vitamin E to it and stir it. Then remove the mixture from the boiler.
- At last, pour the combination into a tube of lip balm or a small tin. Make sure it cools down and hardens before using it.
How To Use
You can apply this homemade lip balm twice or thrice a day to get the best results and immense benefits. You can take a good amount of lip balm using your fingertips and apply it to your lips evenly in a circular motion.
2. Lip Balm Recipe Of Castor Oil For Cracked Or Chapped Lips
It is enriched with the goodness of Shea butter, honey, coconut oil, Castor oil, peppermint oil, and beeswax. This recipe will help you heal your cracked lips.
- Shea Butter - 1 Tablespoon
- Castor Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Grated Beeswax - 1 Tablespoon
- Coconut oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Honey - ½ Tablespoon
- A Heatproof Bowl.
- Peppermint Oil - 3 Drops
- 4 Ounces of The Jar
- Cooking Pot
How To Make
- First, add one tablespoon of each coconut oil, beeswax, and Shea butter to the heatproof bowl.
- Now make it a double boiler by placing it into a cooking pot filled with hot water. Leave it for 5-10 minutes.
- Now, pour the melted liquid and add- three drops of peppermint oil, One tablespoon of Castor oil, and half a tablespoon of honey into a bowl. Stir the whole mixture using a spatula.
- Later, pour the mixture into the jars and refrigerate it for one hour.
How To Use
First, make sure it is in solid form and cooled down then rub it on your lips evenly in a circular motion thrice or twice a day for the best results.
3. Castor Oil Lip Balm Recipe For Pink Lips
This recipe will help moisturise your lips during winter and will soothe your chapped lips and give you a natural pink lips.
- Castor Oil - 2 Teaspoons
- Coconut Oil - 2 Teaspoons
- Lavender Essential Oil - 5 Drops
- Grated Organic Beeswax - 1 Tablespoon
- Microwave Safe Container
- Mixing Bowl
- 4-Ounce Jar
How To Make
- For one minute, heat one tablespoon of grated organic beeswax in a microwave-safe container.
- Empty the liquid and then add two teaspoons of each coconut oil and Castor oil and five drops of lavender essential oil into the mixing bowl. Mix the mixture well using a spoon.
- Pour the final mixture into the 4-ounce jar.
- Refrigerate it for one hour and then it is ready to use.
How Use It?
If stored properly, the lifetime of the lip balm is 4 to 5 months. Apply it twice a day in a circular motion on your lips for the best results.
Precautions To Take While Using Castor Oil For Lips
According to a study in 2007, it was proven that Castor oil was ideal for the skin. It was shown that it is not a significant skin sensitizer, irritant, or photosensitizer in the tests. However, a study conducted in 2008 has shown that various people have an allergic reaction to castor oil when used as a skincare product.
It is recommended to consult a dermatologist before using it. You can also apply a small amount of oil on your forearm skin to check if there are any reactions such as itchiness, redness or if you are allergic to the oil.
Castor oil is very beneficial for your lips and skin. It is a common ingredient used in most skin care products. However, it is seen that some people might have an allergic reaction to Castor oil, but still, it seems to be seen rarely. It provides moisture to the skin and prevents water loss through the external layer of your skin.
To prevent the side effects, you can use pure and natural Castor Oil for lips and skin. VedaOils provides high-quality natural and chemical-free oils at wholesale rates. Therefore, you can get it from their official website and enjoy great deals and discounts!
Frequently asked questions
Q.1 Is It OK To Put Castor Oil On Your Lips?
Ans: Yes, it is very beneficial and considered safe for your lips and skin. It is a common ingredient used in many skin care products.
Q.2 What Happens If You Put Castor Oil On Your Lips?
Ans: As it is rich in ricin oleic acid, it helps moisturise the skin, prevents water loss, and promotes hydration.
Q.3 Can You Use Castor Oil For Lip Gloss?
Ans: Castor oil as lip gloss will work as a wonderful ingredient as it gives a shiny and glossy finish to the lip. You can even use it as your base to get a shiny texture.
Q.4 Is Hydrogenated Castor Oil Safe For Lips?
Ans: Yes, it is safe and not at all hazardous for your skin but it should not be ingested. Rinse mouth in case of ingestion.
Q.5 Can You Put Castor Oil In Lip Gloss?
Ans: Yes, you can put Castor oil in lip gloss to get a glossy, hydrated, and smooth finish.