Stearic acid, also called as Octadecanoic Acid, is one such known fatty acid that is used in numerous applications these days. It is used for manufacturing pharmaceuticals, candles, internal lubrication and adhesion, also Stearic acid uses for skin care products as well. It is used as a key industrial ingredient. The acid has a lot of functional value in various industries like textiles, constructions, and skincare. Stearic acid has amazing nourishing effects on the skin.
Where It’s Found?
It is found in animals and plants fats. It is a major component of Cocoa butter and Shea butter. Stearic acid is a waxy solid component that is a part of many skincare products these days. It is generally found in many animals and vegetable fats and oils.
Stearic Acid Benefits For Skin
Stearic acid has numerous benefits on skin. It plays an important role in the skincare and other industrial sectors. Let us see below what all benefits you can have with stearic acid for your skin care.
- Stearic acid is used as an emulsifier and lubricant. It softens the skin and helps to keep the products from separating. Stearic acid is used in skincare products such as moisturizers, sunscreen, makeup, body lotions, soaps, etc.
- Stearic acid has a feature to soften the skin and make it look supple. Helps in strengthening your skin barrier when stearic acid uses for skin care products.
- The acid has some visual whitening effects on the skin in the pearlized formulations. Stearic acid uses for skin to prevents sun tanning and protects from sun damages such as dark spots and blemishes.
- Stearic acid stabilizes formulations and gives all the skincare products a smooth and satiny feel. It is a great ingredient for moisturizers, lotions, and creams. The acid is also a fatty acid and helps to rebuild the skin barriers.
- Stearic acid is used for cleansing. As a surfactant, it helps to wash away excess oil and dirt from the skin very easily. The acid allows the dirt and oils to be rinsed from the skin
- Stearic acid acts as a strong skin barrier. It protects the skin’s natural barrier against water loss and supports the skin’s barrier too. The barrier protects the skin from allergies, bacteria, and other environmental damages.
Stearic Acid Uses For Skin Care Products
Stearic acid has a lot of uses. It is majorly used to stabilize formulations and provide skincare products with a smooth and satiny feel. It is a great ingredient choice for moisturizers, lotions, and creams. It rebuilds the skin barriers and protects the skin from environmental damages.
Stearic Acid In Soaps, Creams, And Detergents
Stearic acid is used in soap to harden and thicken products like candles and bars of soaps. In soaps, the stearic acid helps to create a lather when mixed with water and gives a velvety feeling. Stearic acid uses for skin because it has occlusive properties that ensure hydration for the skin and prevent it from loss of moisture. The cleansing feature of the acid is one of the reasons for it to be used in detergent powders and liquids. It does the work of cleaning the clothes well.
Use of Stearic acid thickens the skincare products such as lotions and creams and provides a rich and lustrous finish to them. It also leaves a velvety and smooth finish on the skin. In most of the lotions these days, the ingredient lists always contain stearic acid which is meant to hydrate and smoothen your skin well.
Stearic acid is helpful in hardening the products therefore it is widely used in shaving soap bars and creams. It creates a rich lather and gives a velvety touch to the skin. This property makes it suitable for shaving foams. It has occlusive properties that make the skin hydrated, moisturized and prevent moisture loss from the surface of the skin.
Stearic acid is really helpful in dislodging the grime, sweat, and extra oil from the scalp and hair. Stearic acid has a cleansing feature that makes it a perfect choice to be used in shampoos, detergents, soaps, and face washes. It leaves your hair smooth, shinier, and damage-free.
Is Stearic Acid Safe For Skin?
Stearic acid is a very safe ingredient for the skin. It is well-tolerated on all skin types. It saves skin to fight against allergies and reactions. It is a vital ingredient in a lot of skin care products such as moisturizers, sunscreens, makeup, baby lotions, and soaps. Therefore, Stearic acid is completely safe for the use on the skin to makes it smooth, velvety, hydrated, and supple.
Stearic acid is a saturated fatty acid that is used in a lot of skincare products these days. It is mainly used to support the scent of the product and improve its texture. It helps to improve the moisture content of the skin and makes it hydrated and supple. Stearic acid is used as an emulsifier and lubricant. It softens the skin and helps to keep the products from separating. Stearic acid is used in skincare products such as moisturizers, sunscreen, makeup, body lotions, soaps, etc. There is plenty of stearic acids, uses for the skin. It has a feature to soften the skin and make it look supple. Stearic acid helps in strengthening your skin barrier.
The acid has some visual whitening effects on the skin in the pearlized formulations. Stearic acid prevents sun tanning and protects the skin from sun damages such as dark spots and blemishes. Stearic acid is vegan in nature and is derived from Cocoa and Shea butter that contains higher acidic content of about 28-45 percent respectively. Use products based on stearic acid as an ingredient for better results on your skin.