If you thought Garlic only kept your heart healthy then, we have more good news for you. Yes, besides caring for your cardiac health it does wonders for your hair too. For long garlic has been valued for its medicinal properties though it does not find much relevance in Ayurvedic medicine.
Belonging to the onion family, garlic is packed with vital nutrients and minerals that are quintessential for the growth and nourishment of healthy hair. While raw garlic widely finds a place in our cuisines, here we tell you how garlic oil for hair can help you to boost your hair growth with phenomenal results.
Why Garlic Oil is Good for Hair?
Belonging to the tribe of onions, garlic is rich in a sulfur-a compound that forms the basis of keratin, the hair-boosting element. It is heavily loaded with Vitamin C and minerals all of which promote collagen production thus boosting hair growth. Another element present in garlic- selenium aids better blood circulation in the scalp thus making hair follicles strong. The presence of calcium help in rebuilding the structural components of hair, improving hair texture and quality.
7 Incredible Garlic Oil Benefits for Hair
Garlic oil is an easy ingredient that you can incorporate in your hair care regime to obtain great results for hair growth. With its high nutritional profile and anti-bacterial properties, it keeps the hair scalp super clean promoting healthy hair roots that give rise to healthy and well-nourished hair with regular use.
● Increases Hair Growth: Garlic oil is loaded with vitamins and nutrients like selenium, manganese, and Vitamins B6 and C all of which help to strengthen hair roots and promote the growth of healthy hair. The presence of selenium promotes the production of collagen that further improves hair texture and the health of hair follicles.
● Treats Dandruff: Garlic oil for hair has rich anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that prevent the scalp from becoming dry, itchy, and flaky. This controls the occurrence of dandruff and keeps the hair scalp fresh, moisturized, and free from dry skin and buildup. The antimicrobial properties control the growth of germs and bacteria that often lead to scalp infections.
● Reduce Hair Fall: A healthy scalp is the surest way to avoid undue hair fall. Rich in Vitamin C, garlic oil reduces oxidative stress that often causes hair loss and hair thinning. Topical application of garlic oil has shown improvement in bald patches and acute alopecia. It cleans and unclogs hair follicles thus controlling hair loss and hair weakening.
● Controls Grey Hair: Garlic oil is an ideal home remedy for reversing hair greying and for controlling the aging of hair. It is known to increase catalase an enzyme that naturally helps to darken hair and add shine to it. It helps to restore melanin in the hair follicles that prevent the greying of hair.
● Moisturizes Dry Scalp: Dry scalp is void of nourishment and natural oils of the skin that can lead to other serious issues like dandruff, itchiness, soreness, and hair fall. Garlic oil when used to massage the hair scalp can deeply nourish the skin, promote circulation and rejuvenate the hair follicles. It locks moisture in the hair scalp forming a protective shield and preventing dryness.
Garlic Oil DIY Recipes for Hair Growth
Let's use the wonder garlic oil on hair and try some DIY recipes that boost your hair growth and make your hair strong, healthy, and thick. When used along with other carrier oils and some basic kitchen ingredients, garlic oil helps in promoting hair growth and in controlling hair loss.
Garlic And Coconut Oil for Hair
Both garlic oil and coconut oil aid hair growth while the presence of castor oil in the recipe adds luster and shine to the hair. Rosemary oil acts like a natural conditioner penetrating deep into the scalp nourishing it and increasing blood circulation.
- In a clean glass bowl combine all the oils and give it a good mix.
- Massage your scalp with about two teaspoons of the oil blend.
- Massage for about 10-15 minutes using your fingertips covering the entire length of your hair.
- Leave the oil blend on your scalp for about 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with a mild cleanser and allow your hair to dry naturally.
Tip: For best results repeat this hair remedy at least 3 times a week.
How to use garlic oil?
Garlic oil works well for hair growth when it is combined with some other essential oil like coconut oil, almond oil, or castor oil. This helps it to easily penetrate the hair scalp and nourish the hair follicles thereby promoting the growth of healthy and strong hair.
Side Effects of Garlic Oil
While garlic oil is safe and beneficial for hair growth always remember to use it in moderate quantity. A strong odor, can sometimes trigger nausea or cause allergic reactions on the hair scalp. Therefore, it is always recommended to do a skin patch test before proceeding to use it as a hair care remedy.
With so many compelling reasons to use garlic oil for hair growth, you are all set to make this heavenly ingredient a part of your hair care regime. Loaded with natural antioxidants, anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties it is the perfect solution for all hair scalp problems like dandruff, itchiness, flaky skin, and scalp infections.
By controlling and preventing these problems, garlic oil strengthens hair roots, thus controlling hair loss and promoting the growth of strong, beautiful, and lustrous hair that adds to your beauty and personality. So, give your hair a kick of garlic oil and see how they bounce back with health, shine, and unmatched beauty.