Candles have been an inseparable part of our celebrations since ancient times. While we have changed the ways we celebrate ceremonies and festivals, the definition of candles has also transformed over the years. Today, scented candles of various shapes and sizes are available. These candles enhance the aura of your drawing rooms and bedrooms. Moreover, they glorify your baths by emanating alluring scents besides your bathtub.
Apart from radiating an eye-pleasing light, scented candles also exude aromatic notes that soothe your mind and body. Therefore, they are also known as aromatherapy candles. Essential oils are added to the wax during the formulation stage to add a particular aroma to the candles. A single essential oil, more than one, or an essential oil blend consisting of several oils may be used for this purpose. Due to their ability to relieve your mind from stress and other issues, scented candles are in great demand nowadays.
Different Scent Notes of Essential Oil
The essence of the aromatherapy candles comes from the essential oils that can be classified into these types based on their scent notes:
- Base Notes: Essential oils comprising deep and lingering notes fall into this category. They sustain their fragrance for a long time but their scent is not as prominent as the top notes. Popular examples are Cedarwood, Vanilla, Patchouli, and Sandalwood essential oils.
- Heart Notes: Essential oils that constitute the major part of the fragrance blend are usually referred to as heart notes. Their essence can be felt once the top note fades. Coriander, Ylang Ylang, Cypress, Rose, Rosemary, and Camphor essential oils belong to this category.
- Top Notes: Essential oils that have a noticeable scent fall into this category. They usually contain a fresh and sharp scent. Examples are Lemon, Mandarine, Lavender, Peppermint, and some other essential oils.
Benefits of Essential Oil in Aromatherapy Candles
When essential oils are incorporated into the candles, they not only make them aromatic but also make them capable of healing your mind. Here are some benefits that can be experienced by adding essential oil in aromatherapy candles:
- Boosts Energy: Certain essential oils exude a scent that refreshes your mind and activates energy. They help tackle issues like low mood and dullness. Ginger, Lemon, Mandarine, and Cinnamon essential oils are some examples of energy-boosting essential oils.
- Calms Nerves: Some essential oils can also have a calming effect on your mind. They reduce nervousness by balancing emotions and relaxing an irritated or frustrated mind. Lavender, Sandalwood, and Cardamom Essential Oils introduce these qualities in aromatherapy candles.
- Heals Congestion: Essential oils that have a powerful scent can also decongest your nasal passages when you suffer from cold, cough, flu, and congestion. If your nasal cavities are clogged up, just light the aromatherapy candles containing peppermint or black pepper oil.
- Induced Sleep: Sleep issues can be minimized by diffusing certain essential oils. They reduce stress and regulate your sleep cycle by calming nervous energy. Lavender, Roman Chamomile, Marjoram, Sandalwood, and some other essential oils can alleviate sleep issues.
- Tackles Fatigue: Lack of energy and positive thoughts lead to mental fatigue. Aromatherapy candles consisting of Basil, Lemon, Peppermint, or Eucalyptus essential oil clear your mind to make it alert and full of positive energy.
Top Essential Oils for Making Scented Candle in Bulk
Here are some of the most effective, budget-friendly, and powerful essential oils that are ideal for making scented candles in bulk:
1. Lavender Essential Oil for Candle Making
Known for its stress-busting and relaxing aroma, Lavender Essential Oil soothes negative emotions. It is popular among candle makers due to its fresh and enticing floral scent. Its fragrance is neither too heavy nor too light, making it perfect for manufacturing scented candles.
2. Frankincense Essential Oil for Candles
Apart from calming your mind and energizing your spirits, Frankincense Essential Oil also tackles negative feelings. It brings a state of happiness and is also preferred for meditation, prayers, and other spiritual uses. It is also effective against mood swings.
3. Make Peppermint Essential Oil Candles
The fresh and invigorating scent of Peppermint Essential Oil calms down your mind. It promotes a feeling of wellness and helps to tackle anxiety, stress, and some other mental issues. Inhale it to get instant relief from congestion.
4. Homemade Lemon Essential Oil Candles
With its vibrant, fresh, and citrusy scent, Lemon Essential Oil alleviates anxiety, depression, and other issues. It instils a fresh fragrance in the ambience and helps to ward away negative thoughts and emotions. You may also prefer it for reviving your spirits.
5. For Eucalyptus Essential Oil Candles
Known for its antidepressant properties, Eucalyptus Essential Oil promotes positivity and cheerfulness. It also heals nasal congestion and can be more than helpful for treating cold, flu, cough, and other ailments. Its blend of fresh and herbal scent makes it ideal as a room freshener.
6. Grapefruit Essential Oil for Candles
Grapefruit Essential Oil also exudes a fresh and lemony scent that boosts your energy and helps you recuperate from low mood or depression. It uplifts your mood and helps you concentrate better on your goals.
7. Create Bergamot Essential Oil Candles
The sweet and citrusy blend of Bergamot Essential Oil makes it one of the top essential oils for making scented candles. The aromatherapy candles made from this oil are good enough to tackle signs of anxiety and depression.
8. Fragranced Cinnamon Essential Oil Candles
The spicy and warm aroma of Cinnamon Essential Oil makes it perfect for tackling cold and other related issues. Its comforting aroma is perfect for experiencing a holiday mood and therefore, is highly preferred by candle makers.
9. Sweet Orange Essential Oil for Cnadles
Sweet orange essential oil relaxes nerves and boosts your mood. It uplifts your energy and resolves issues like stress and anxiety. The mix of sweet, citrusy, and fresh aroma of this essential oil also makes the ambience soothing.
10. Rosemary Essential Oil for Candles
Rosemary essential oil improves concentration by enhancing clarity of thoughts and emotions. It also relieves tension and helps to get away from depression and fatigue. The aromatherapy candles comprising this oil may also help you to sleep better.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How many drops of essential oil can be used for candle making?
A: It depends on the size and dimension of your candles. One ounce of essential oil would be enough to add a strong aroma to 8 ounces of wax.
Q: How to mix essential oils for candle making?
A: You can use a dropper and beaker for mixing essential oils while making scented candles.
Q: Where to buy essential oils for candle making?
A: Visit VedaOils for buying organic, highly aromatic, and powerful essential oils. You will find essential oils of various types at bulk rates on its portal.
Q: Are essential oils in candles safe for dogs and cats?
A: Aromatic candles consisting of essential oils are safe for your pets. They might be drawn to their delicious scents as they have a sharper sense of smell than humans.
Essential oils are ideal for making scented candles as they prep up their therapeutic value and make them suitable for aromatherapy purposes. However, choose only the natural essential oils that are pure and safe. Such oils are found on the official site of VedaOils where you can also buy them for commercial use. Get amazing essential oils today and explore the art of making aromatherapy candles!