Candle making is an art that has been booming in recent times. However, have you ever considered making a candle out of a coconut shell? Why not simply purchase a coconut shell candle? There's nothing wrong with buying a candle, but making your own candles is interesting and simple, and it will be satisfying for you to create something with your own hands.
When it comes to the flavor and aesthetic of your coconut shell candles, the possibilities are unlimited. Furthermore, they make a wonderful Valentine's Day present for that particular someone. Especially for those who have been cooped up inside due to the epidemic and can use a little beach in their lives.
DIY Homemade Coconut Shell Candles
Coconut shell candles can give any space in your house a warm, tropical vibe. They provide a spa-like experience in the bathroom. They create a beach villa ambiance in the living area that makes you feel like you're on vacation. The following is the list of candle making supplies you will need to make your own coconut shell candles at home.
Coconut Shell Candle Supplies:
- Coconut - 1
- Pre Waxed Candle Wicks - 1 Packet
- Soy Wax Flakes - One Packet
- Vanilla Fragrance Oil - 20 Drops
- Coffee Fragrance Oil - 10 Drops
Tools Need For Coconut Shell Candle:
- Chopsticks - 1 Pair
- Scissors - 1 Pair
- Spoon / Spatula - 1
- Sharp Knife - 1
- A Double Boiler
- A Thermometer
Know About Coconut Shell Candle Making Supplies
Coconut candles are a lovely addition to a tropical theme area and a soothing décor that can completely change the mood in any home. And they require the most basic candle-making supplies. Read on to learn more about the supplies required to make coconut shell candles.
- Coconut: The scent of coconut that emanates from a coconut shell candle is amazing. It can assist you in overcoming tension. It's a great mind-soother and a relaxer. It aids in the treatment of anxiety and provides peace of mind. It can even improve memory and is an excellent antidepressant that also helps to increase energy.
- Pre-Waxed Candle Wick: Wax Coated Candle Wicks may be used to manufacture a number of different types of candles. These cotton candle wicks are pre-waxed and emit very little smoke, making them perfect for household use. They're also constructed in such a way that they burn for longer, don't curl, and don't leave cotton ashes behind.
- Soy Wax Flakes: Soy wax is a sustainable natural resource. Soy wax is biodegradable and can be cleaned with just water and soap. In addition, soy candles burn slower and longer than paraffin candles because soy wax has a lower melting point than paraffin wax.
- Vanilla Fragrance Oil: We really like vanilla fragrance oil in candles because, while it is wonderful on its own, it also mixes well with a variety of other essential oils. Blending with coffee, for example, creates a warm, rustic and welcoming atmosphere.
- Coffee Fragrance Oil: The scent of coffee beans and creamy Vanilla pervades Coffee Fragrance Oil. Tonka beans, chocolate, coconut, and amber are other prominent notes. This fragrance oil's prominent essences give it a warm, earthy scent that attracts a lot of people's attention.
How To Make Coconut Shell Candles at Home - Step by step
This luxurious vanilla, coconut shell, and coffee fragrance candle offer a calming warmth to the atmosphere. This mix is ideal for a romantic coffee date at home or a movie night because it blends in wonderfully with the surroundings.
This candle is made with a combination of soy wax, which is biodegradable, long-lasting, and cleaner-burning than petroleum-based candles. Read on to find out how you can get your candle ready.
Step 1: Prepare Your Surroundings
- Make sure you have a clean work surface before getting started.
- Remove any objects that you don't want to get wax on because it's a nuisance to wipe off.
- If you're concerned about candle wax getting on your surfaces, lay down some newspaper or a cloth.
Step 2: Prepare Your Coconut
- Cut the coconut in half, roughly at the center point, once you've got a clear workstation. This may be a little tricky the first time, so make sure your coconut is firmly planted on a firm surface.
- Once the coconut has been cut in half, use your spoon to scrape away any remaining coconut meat from both sides, then rub away the husk with the sandpaper.
Step 3: Measure Your Wax
- Fill one-half of your coconut shell with wax until it reaches the 3/4th mark. Double that amount of wax, and you'll have enough for each candle.
- Put the candle wax in the double boiler pot and melt it once you've calculated the necessary amount.
- Allow your wax to melt completely after stirring it for 10-15 minutes.
Step 4: Scent Your Candle
Add in the 20 drops of vanilla essential oil and the 10 drops of coffee fragrance oil.
Step 5: Place The Candle Wick
Dip your candle wick's metallic end into the melting wax. Stick the wick to the center of your coconut shell candle with the hot wax. The wax will solidify after 5 minutes and should keep quiet and stable without the need to hold it.
Tip: If you're having difficulties keeping your candle wick in place, consider applying a little glue.
Step 6: Make Your Wick Firm
- Cut the wick using a pair of scissors once the candle is filled with melted soy wax so that the top of the wick stands roughly a few millimeters over the edge of the coconut shell.
- After you've finished making your coconut candle, you may trim the wick a little more.
- Place one on either side of your candle wick using the chopsticks. To hold the candle wick in place, wedge them together.
Step 7: Top Up With Wax
- You may detect a few cracks, scratches, or flaws on the waxy top of your coconut shell candle. Do not be alarmed! That's why we set aside some of the wax to use in the end. Pour this wax to even out the top surface.
- Allow the rest of the wax to set on the tops of your candles.
- Allow the candle wick to solidify to roughly 2-3 cm above the wax.
- In 4-5 hours, your candles will be ready.
Take pride in the idea that you just built an eco-friendly candle out of materials that were intended to be thrown away when you sit back and light it for the first time.
These coconut shell candles are simple to make and yet affordable. They are excellent gifts for every occasion. All the candle making supplies required for this candle can easily be found right here on our VedaOils website.