Candles are really soothing and beautiful man-made creations with which we love decorating our premises. Unfortunately, the times are gone when there not used to be a lot of varieties of candles available in the market. Nowadays, you will find enormous varieties of candles available.
Candle making is a fun activity and a process that would help decor your home with more brightness. Have you ever tried homemade candle-making with dried flowers? Dried flowers for candle making DIYs are very interesting and will beautify your home space immediately. Let us know more about it below.
How To Make Dried Flower Candles
Like any other DIY recipe, the dried flower candle-making process is very simple and has a few interesting steps to follow. All you need is some natural ingredients and equipment that would give you the best beautiful candles for your home space. Let us see below what candle making supplies you require.Candle Making Supplies:
- Dried Flowers - 4-5
- Soy Wax Flakes - 1 Cup
- Wooden Candle Wick Holder
- Cotton Candle Wick
- Glass Jar
Know About Dried Flower Candle Making Supplies
It is quite important to know about the ingredients and their benefits in any recipe. Handmade candle-making involves all-natural ingredients that are beneficial in different ways. Let us know more about each ingredient below.
- Dried Flowers: Dried flowers have a long-lasting ability. They are low maintenance and are extremely sustainable. Dried flowers are used in cooking, making candles, etc. They are a good value for money and are used to beautify the candles. I am using premium dried lavender flowers for our candles.
- Soy Wax Flakes: Soy wax flakes is a natural biodegradable resource. The wax has a lower melting point and is used in candles. Soy candles burn slower with zero petro shoot. The wax makes candles sustainable for a long.
- Cotton Candlewick: A cotton candlewick is used to fit in the container with a little extra length for the candle set.
- Glass Jar: For unique edge and shape, use a glass jar or container that could be old ceramic teacups.
- Wooden Wick Holder: A wooden skewer is a thin metal or wood stick that is used to hold the candle. A wooden skewer is used for culinary applications.
Steps To Candle Making With Dried Flowers
Recipes of homemade candle making with dried flowers involve some interesting steps that are very easy to follow. DIY recipes are very simple and fun-loving to try and get the best possible products per your needs. So let us check out the steps of creating your own candles by adding dried flowers to candles at home.
Step 1: Melt The Soy Wax Flakes
Set the soy wax flakes in a glass dish over a pot with about a third of the water poured, producing a double boiler. Allow it to heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spatula, until the wax is soft and pourable. Alternatively, you may melt the wax in the microwave, one minute at a time.
Step 2: Add Dried Flowers in Place of Essential Oil in The Melted Wax
Allow your wax to cool for 1 to 2 minutes once it has completely melted. Stir in your chosen dried flowers into the heated wax. Mix it thoroughly to ensure that the essential oil is properly blended.
Step 3: Insert The Wick Of The Candle Into The Candle Jar
Place the wick in the container. Put a little amount of wax in the centre of the container's bottom. Insert the wick until it reaches the wax, allowing enough wick at the top to hang over the container's end.
Step 4: Use A Candle Wick Holder To Secure The Candle
Hold the wick in place until the wax hardens, then use a wick holder to pinch the wick's top end and put it over the top of the container, maintaining the wick centred and upright.
Step 5: Transfer The Molten Wax To The Candle Jar
Pour the wax over the top. Stir the wax until smooth, then carefully pour it into the container. Make sure the wick is upright in the candle jar.
Step 6: Allow The Candle Wax To Cool
Allow the wax and dried flowers to harden over night. The next day, trim the excess wick, and your soy candle is ready to use.
Homemade candle-making with dried flowers is an amazing recipe that you should try today. It is very simple and involves only natural ingredients. The dried lavender flowers help in soothing the environment making the candle essential in your home space. You can create your own dried flowers candle and beautify your premises. Try it Today.