Babchi Liquid Extract
Babchi is a wonder herb that is synonymous with beauty and wellness. The English name of Babchi is Psoralea Corylifolia and the Sanskrit name is Bakuchi. Richly abundant in medicinal values, this Ayurvedic herb is widely used in cosmetics for improving skin health and aiding blood purification. The Babchi liquid is extracted from the Babchi seeds, and in its purest form, it is useful in treating various skin disorders like eczema, vitiligo, psoriasis, and other bleeding wounds.
Commonly known as Babchi, Babachi, Bhavaj, Bakuci, or Bemchi in India, the herb has a vast history and is studied widely by Indian medical practitioners and Western followers for its chemoprotective, antioxidant, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties. By removing toxins from the skin, Babchi liquid extract helps revitalize the skin cells and rejuvenate them. Because of its high nutritive and curative properties, it is highly valued in Ayurveda and is classified as ‘Shaka Varga’ or leafy vegetables.
The Babchi plant is a storehouse of wellness as all parts of the plant are useful, including the roots, stem, leaves, and seeds. The liquid extract from the seeds, its oil, and powder of Babchi and most commercially used products are known for their effectiveness in treating skin diseases and glorifying the skin. Because of its multiple benefits to the skin, the herb is given the name of ‘Kushtanashini’ (leprosy destroyer) and is regarded as a very ancient remedy to treat leukoderma, skin rashes, and infections.
Babchi Liquid Extract Benefits
- Helps Brighten the Skin: By reducing pigmentation and dark patches, regular application of Bakuchi liquid extract helps to lighten the skin color and adds plumpness to the skin, making it look naturally hydrating and rejuvenated.
- Controls Aging: Say goodbye to wrinkles and thin lines with the regular use of Babchi liquid extract. By boosting collagen and promoting tissues, it actively promotes cell repairing and gives your skin a much younger look.
- Helps to Cure Vitiligo: In Ayurveda, Babchi is also referred to as ‘Shvitraghni’ because of its natural properties to treat Vitiligo- a condition where some parts of the skin lose its pigmentation. ‘Psoralens’ the active ingredient in Babchi, when exposed to the sun forms melanin in depigmented skin thereby curing Vitiligo.
- Helps to Treat Skin Diseases: Besides Vitiligo, Babchi liquid extract is widely known to treat skin disorders like eczema, psoriasis, and alopecia. It is highly effective in treating open wounds and in stopping bleeding caused by injuries.
- Helps in Blood Purification: The Psoralea corylifolia liquid extract is highly recommended for blood purification and its regular use has shown substantial results in improving the color of the skin, hair, and nails.
How To Use It?
Formulated only for external purposes, the Babchi liquid extract should be used as per the recommended dosage and guidelines. In general, it should not exceed 2% when added to any skincare or cosmetic formula.
Babchi Liquid Extract Specifications
- Botanical Name: Psoralea corylifolia
- Common Name: Babchi, Bakuchi
- Raw Material Source: Seeds of the Babchi herb
- Manufacturing Process: The liquid from the Babchi herb is extracted naturally without using any chemicals or synthetic additives.
- GMO: GMO-Free
- CAS Number: NA
- INCI Name: Psoralea corylifolia
- For Vegans: Yes, as it does not contain any animal-derived ingredients
- Shelf Life: 1 year
- Form: Liquid
- Other Ingredients: NA
Note: No herb-drug interactions are known but caution should be observed with external applications. The application in their prescribed doses may be considered safe.