Citronella Essential Oil
Produced from the Citronella Grass Plant, Citronella Essential Oil offers a range of benefits for your skin and overall well-being. It is known as Citronella as it exhibits a citrusy aroma similar to lemon and other citrus fruits. It is a powerful insect repellent but it can also be used for healing wounds and in aromatherapy. You may add it to your cosmetic products to improve their antifungal properties.
You will have to combine it with some carrier oil before topical application as it is highly concentrated. It is formulated without the use of any chemicals or artificial preservatives. As a result, it is skin-friendly and safe for your skin. However, people who have sensitive and those who are allergic to even natural ingredients can check whether it suits their skin or not by undertaking a patch test on their elbow or knee.
The powerful yet refreshing fragrance of Citronella Essential Oil oil can relax your mind and uplift your spirits. It is also used sometimes as an ingredient in applications that are formulated to heal wounds and cuts. There are several other features, benefits, and uses of this oil which we will study in detail below.
Features of Citronella Essential Oil
- Fresh Scent - The fresh lemony scent with a floral touch gives it an alluring fragrance. Therefore, you can use it for making DIY perfumes, colognes, and body sprays.
- Soothing for Mind - Natural Citronella essential oil good for aromatherapy as it has a soothing effect on your mind and body and it helps you to fight fatigue after a hectic day. For that, you will have to diffuse it in an oil or reed diffuser.
- Air Deodorizer- It not only replaces the foul odor of your rooms with a pleasant odor but also kills airborne bacteria that might be harmful to your health. These qualities make it an effective air-deodorizer.
- Moisturizing - Citronella essential oil can moisturize your skin and hair. It enhances your skin's ability to gather and absorb moisture and conditions your hair naturally.
- Protects Hair - It protects your hair from external factors like sunlight, pollutants, smoke, dirt, etc. Therefore, it proves to be useful for the overall health of your hair.
- Healing - The healing properties of Pure Citronella Essential Oil make it an important ingredient in many balms and ointments. It improves the blood circulation of the damaged area and soothes the pain as well.
Uses of Citronella Essential Oil
- Ease Headaches - You can inhale or diffuse this essential oil if you are having a headache. It also boosts your spirits and makes you feel energized.
- Rapid Hair Growth - By improving the circulation to the hair roots, Pure Citronella Essential oil boosts hair growth. It is even used for detangling the hair and for reducing scalp irritation.
- Treating Infections - You may apply a diluted form of this oil on the part that is infected due to wounds or other reasons. It also fastens the recovery of wounds by eliminating fungi and bacteria that grow on them.
- Rejuvenating skin - Apply Citronella Essential Oil after diluting it with a jojoba or coconut carrier oil to rejuvenate your skin. It makes your skin supple, soft, and more elastic after every use.
- Massages - You can massage this oil to get rid of body aches and spasms. You may also add it to your body lotions and creams for experiencing similar results.
- Repelling insects - As this Oil is a powerful insect repellent, you may use it to get rid of head lice. It also keeps flying insects like mosquitoes and flies away.
Benefits of Citronella Essential Oil
- Controls Body Odor - You can make a natural deodorant from this oil to eliminate foul body odor. It also curbs the harmful bacteria that can damage your skin.
- Aromatherapy - When you diffuse Citronella Essential Oil, it provides relief from muscle spasms, cold symptoms, anxiety, stomach aches, etc. Therefore, it is a multi-purpose essential oil.
- Skin Treatment - The strong antibacterial properties of this oil can be used to treat skin issues like a wart, boils, acne, etc. It also makes your skin soft and smoother than before.
- Clears Complexion - When used topically, it tightens up your pores and cleans toxins and dirt from your skin. This gives you a clear and brighter complexion.
- Improves Fragrance - Citronella essential oil can be used as a fragrance enhancing agent in soaps, lotions, sprays, and perfumes. This is because it contains aromatic compounds.
- Relieves Pain - It can be used to relieve pain due to insect bites, skin rashes, wounds, and other skin conditions. This is due to its anti-inflammatory effects.
Buy Citronella Essential Oil in Bulk Quantity
VedaOils is one of the leading wholesale suppliers, manufacturer, and export of Citronella essential oil and other Essential Oils in India. We offer the purest forms of essential oils to our customers. No chemicals, additives, or fillers are added to them. It also does not contain any artificial colors, preservatives, and fragrances. Therefore, they prove to be ideal for daily use. Though entirely natural, you should dilute essential oil before using it for topical application as it is highly concentrated.
We employ numerous tests and quality checks to ensure that only premium-quality Citronella essential oil reaches you. The highest quality and packaging standards are employed to deliver desirable results on usage. Also, our portal uses a secure payment gateway to safeguard your transactions.
Buy Citronella Essential Oil Online from VedaOils platform according to requirements at the best competitive prices in the market. Check out Citronella Oil price per Kg, and even you can purchase this essential oil in bulk quantity. We also export pure Citronella oil worldwide, including UK, Australia, UAE, USA, Canada, etc. We also deliver the products throughout the world using our logistic partners DHL, FedEx BlueDart, India Post, etc. Do not miss this excellent opportunity to buy chemical-free, fresh, and multi-purpose Citronella oil from VedaOils. We assure you that you will not regret choosing us!
Citronella Essential Oil Specifications
- Botanical Name: Cymbopogon Nardus
- Major Constituents: Citronella Grass Blades Extract
- CAS#: 8000-29-1
- F.E.M.A #: 2308
- Country of Origin : India
- Solubility: It is soluble in alcohol and fixed oils.
- Specific Gravity: 0.85000 - 0.92000 @ 25°C
- Optical Rotation: -5 to 0
- Refractive Index: 1.46600 - 1.4730 @ 20°C
- Flash Point: 85° C
- Shelf Life: 2 years
- Blends With: Lavender,Cedarwood, Clove, and Cypress essential oils
- Form: Liquid
- Origin of part used : Grass blades (leaves)
- Color & Odor: Light yellow to yellowish-brown in color & it exhibits a floral and citrusy fragrance.
- Consistency: Light
Citronella Essential Oil- FAQs
Q1: Can you diffuse Citronella essential oil?
Ans:Yes, it can be diffused for aromatherapy and other purposes.
Q2: Can you ingest organic Citronella oil?
Ans:No, it is formulated only for topical use.
Q3: Which oils blend well with Citronella essential oil?
Ans:Citronella oil blends well with Cypress, Lavender, Cedarwood, and Clove essential oils.
Q4: Is natural Citronella essential oil good for skin?
Ans: Yes, it is good for the skin as it eliminates bacteria and fungi and heals wounds.
Q5: Is Citronella essential oil good for hair?
Ans: Yes, it is good for hair as it reduces greasiness of hair, prevents scalp irritation, and promotes hair growth.
Q6: Is Citronella oil safe for dogs?
Ans: No, it can prove to be toxic for your pets.
Q7: What does Citronella essential oil treat?
Ans: It can be used to treat infections and minor wounds, cuts, and scrapes.
- It is meant only for external use.
- Do a patch skin test before applying it to your skin.
- Dilute it before topical application.
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight.
- Pregnant women should consult a doctor before using it.
All the details mentioned in the above statements are carefully monitored and evaluated. VedaOils manufactures essential oils for external use only. We do not formulate them to heal, cure, prevent, or detect any ailment or disease. VedaOils does not validate the 100% accuracy of any of the information that is published here. We do not claim anything here and citations are meant only for reference purposes. For more details, you can read the 'DISCLAIMER' of our website.