Pure Fenugreek (Methi) Carrier Oil
Fenugreek oil has many benefits for your health and well-being and should be kept in every household. It is especially useful for women as it can be used for a wide variety of female diseases. It treats many vaginal diseases because it contains a substance that has a similar composition to the female hormone estrogen. It is useful for sexual stimulation, menopause symptoms, and breast enlargement. It is also widely used for increasing breast milk as it contains a substance that leads to increasing prolactin production, which induces breast milk secretion.
Fenugreek oil is obtained by steam distillation from the seeds of fenugreek ( Trigonella foenum – graecum ). The seeds are rhomboid-shaped and are used in cooking and as medicine. Fenugreek seeds have been used for a number of health benefits since ancient times. They are also found in the tomb of Tutankhamun. Fenugreek seeds are mentioned in some ancient medicinal books as well. The steam-distilled oil is organic and natural. There are two kinds ( varieties ) of fenugreek oil.
- Fenugreek seed pressed oil – This oil contains healthy fatty acids.
- Fenugreek seed essential oil – It contains volatile compounds which have unique health benefits.
- Fenugreek infused oil – This is prepared by infusing the seeds and other parts of fenugreek in a base oil. One can make this oil at home itself.
Benefits of Fenugreek Oil
- Acne : Fenugreek essential oil helps in acne. Put about 5 drops of essential oil in 5 ml of base oil, for which jojoba oil is the ideal choice. Massage this oil on the face and skin covered with acne pimples. It reduces inflammation and redness around the pimples. It also alleviates swelling and the pain that comes with these pimples. This application also prevents the formation of new blackheads. This is because blackheads are formed by oxidation and fenugreek oil is an antioxidant, so it prevents the pimples from oxidizing.
- Boils : Fenugreek oil is great for getting rid of boils and similar conditions like carbuncles, cysts, furuncles, ingrown hair, and folliculitis. It is simple to apply. One just has to add a few drops of fenugreek essential oil to a herbal poultice made for any of these conditions. Its presence in the poultice improves the efficiency of the home remedy.
- Irritated Skin : Many a times, our skin is irritated because of some environmental stress. It can be extremely dry, harsh cold weather or some allergen that makes the skin irritated. One can add a few drops of fenugreek oil to olive oil and massage it on the skin. This provides relief from swelling, like that from hives and itching.
- Massage : Fenugreek essential oil is a great additive to a massage treatment. It can be added to massage oil, like sweet almond oil, and massaged onto the skin. This massage soothes the skin, relieves inflammation, and makes the skin perform better.
- Aromatherapy : Fenugreek essential oil is used in aromatherapy for ushering in many therapeutic actions. Add about 4 – 5 drops of fenugreek oil to a vaporizer, diffuser, or oil burner to spread its aroma in the air. Its aroma reduces high blood pressure, It exerts a calming influence on the nervous system, If the environment inside is hot, then it stimulates sweating. This helps to alleviate fever.
How to use Fenugreek Oil?
Fenugreek Oil is used as a topical application or for a relaxing Ayurvedic massage. Few drops of oil can be added to potpourris, vaporizers, candles, or diffusers for combating germs in the air and protecting the environment naturally. It can also be added to your bathtub for an aromatic, healing, stimulating, and energizing bath.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a Question?