Did you know that the charcoal used in skin care is known as "activated charcoal" and that it has been around for years? While everyone can benefit from it on occasion, a charcoal mask is typically beneficial for people with oily, combination, or acne-prone skin.
Since activated charcoal or activated carbon is a good absorbent, it acts like a vacuum to absorb bacteria, excess oil, and impurities from clogged pores. It attracts bacteria and other toxins to the skin's surface, then absorbs and transports them away when you rinse it off.
Benefits Of Charcoal Powder For Skin
Activated Charcoal Powder is a low-cost, scientifically supported potential treatment. Charcoal works topically on the skin by drawing all surface bacteria, toxins, chemicals, dirt, oils, and other micro-particles from the pores to the surface, preventing them from entering the bloodstream. Here are a few benefits that it offers for your skin:
- Brightens the Skin - You have to deal with pollution, UV rays, dust, dead skin cells, and your body's natural oil secretion, all of which end up on your face. This gives your face a dull appearance. Charcoal masks can easily remove all of this grime from your face, hydrate your skin, and instantly brighten your face.
- Deeply Cleanses Pores - Charcoal masks deep cleanse and purify your pores. The mask penetrates deep into your pores to remove any built-up dirt, oil, or other common pollutants, leaving you with glowing skin. This deep cleansing ensures that your pores remain healthy and tight, preventing blackheads from forming in the first place.
- Scrubs Dead Skin Cells - If the charcoal mask can get rid of stubborn blackheads, it can also get rid of dead skin cells. If you know how to use charcoal masks correctly, you can usthemit as an exfoliator and even shorten your skincare routine. The coarse texture of the mask removes dead skin cells and promotes blood circulation for healthy, glowing skin.
- Mattifies Oily Skin - The best thing about charcoal masks is that they are suitable for all skin types. It hydrates and moisturizes dry skin. For oily skin, it removes excess oil from the face while also regulating oil production. No more makeup melting off your face during the hot summers because a quick mask can easily mattify oily skin.
- Treats Acne - Charcoal face masks can remove acne-causing elements such as excess sebum, clogged pores, and dead skin buildup from your skin. If you use charcoal peel-off masks correctly, they can also reduce the size of active pimples, dry them out, soothe inflammation, and fade acne scars.
Homemade Charcoal Face Mask
One of the most effective ways to improve the appearance of the skin is to use charcoal masks. Charcoal masks, when used correctly, can be an excellent remedy for unclogging pores, removing whiteheads, and absorbing oil that aggravates existing blemishes. Incorporating a charcoal clay mask into your daily skincare routine is a simple way to pamper your skin. Here is a simple charcoal face mask recipe to help you achieve a smooth, radiant complexion.
- Activated Charcoal - 1 Tsp
- Bentonite Clay - ½ Tsp
- Honey - ½ Tsp
- Water - 1 Tsp
- Lavender Essential Oil - 2 Drops
Charcoal Mask For Acne - How To Use ?
- Take a plastic/wooden bowl and combine activated charcoal, bentonite clay and honey to it.
- Now add Lavender Essential Oil and water and mix it up until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Apply a thin layer of this mixture to your freshly washed face.
- Leave it on for about 10 minutes, or until it becomes sticky.
- Do not allow it to completely dry.
- Remove it with lukewarm water and pat dry your face with a towel.
A DIY charcoal mask may be worth a try if you're looking for a natural remedy to help give your skin a healthy glow. The porous nature of the activated charcoal in charcoal masks is its greatest strength. The activated charcoal mask is known to draw out blackheads, dirt, and debris while also balancing oil production to treat and prevent acne breakouts. Furthermore, it can exfoliate flaky skin and tighten enlarged pores to smooth and brighten skin. If you are looking for a place to buy activated charcoal you can log into the website of Vedaoils, a leading manufacturer of 100% pure and organic beauty essentials.