Dizziness or vertigo is a problem that is there in some people. In this issue, you may feel a sudden internal or external spinning sensation that is often triggered by moving your head too quickly or when people watch the surface down from a huge height.
There might be some chemically made solutions for this problem in the market, but they lead to side effects. Natural essential oils are true organic remedies that can easily solve this problem without giving you any side effects. Let us know more about this in the following blog.
What Are the Causes of Vertigo?
Vertigo may happen because of various reasons, such as.
- Migraine Headaches: In today’s stressful lives, we often are subjected to stress, tensions, and pain. A migraine is a form of headache which sometimes becomes unbearable. Migraine headaches are quite strong and lead to major vertigo.
- Certain Medications: Sometimes, certain medicines are quite heavy, and the body cannot digest them. The heaviness of the medicines often causes dizziness and feeling of vomiting.
- Head Injuries: People who undergo head injuries often face dizziness or vertigo issues. Head injuries are their medications quite heavy on the body, leading to unconsciousness.
- Prolonged Bed Rest: When we sleep for hours and wake up, we face dizziness. Prolonged sleep makes our bodies react differently. The problem of vertigo often reduces blood flow.
- Diabetes: If you are a patient with diabetes, you must have experienced vertigo many times. Diabetes sometimes makes patients weak, and heavy medications cause dizziness in the head.
Top 5 Essential Oils for Vertigo and Dizzy Spells
The benefits of essential oils are numerous and often lead to relaxing the body. Try the essential oils today to get rid of vertigo and balance the blood flow in the body.
1. Thyme Essential Oil for Vertigo
Thyme essential oil is a very effective medicinal herb oil that combats dizziness. Thyme essential oil is used as a cure to treat this issue. You may diffuse this essential oil or mix it with drinking tea to combat dizziness instantly.
2. Peppermint Essential Oil for Vertigo
If the vertigo problem includes cold or flu, then peppermint essential oil is the best remedy to help. Peppermint essential oil helps blood flow as reduced blood flow occurs in central and peripheral vertigo types.
3. Lemon Essential Oil for Vertigo
Lemon essential oil helps pregnant women with morning dizziness. At the time of serious vertigo that may cause nausea and vomiting, lemon essential oil combats the problem fast. You may diffuse this essential oil as it provides relief when vertigo strikes unexpectedly.
4. Lavender Essential Oil for Vertigo
Lavender essential oil helps in vertigo when a patient undergoes stress with it. Lavender is a well-known calming scent that prevents any dizziness attack. The scent of lavender essential oil helps majorly in managing anxiety before vertigo strikes.
5. Ginger Essential Oil for Vertigo
Ginger essential oil is antiseptic and certainly the best oil to combat the problem of vertigo. The essential oil relieves nausea and pain when inhaled. Do not forget to breathe the vapors when inhaling, as ginger essential oil is very effective in instantly calming dizziness.
Essential Oils Roller Blend Recipe for Vertigo and Giddy
The DIY recipe is very significant and helps instantly to combat the issue of vertigo. A natural way to help calm the body and get rid of any stress. The following recipe includes essential oils that are beneficial in many ways. Let us check out the recipe below.
- Ginger Essential Oil - 5 Drops
- Peppermint Essential Oil - 5 Drops
- Thyme Essential Oil - 5 Drops
- Some Steaming Water
- First, fill in a heat-proof bowl ⅓ full of steaming water.
- Then add 5 drops of ginger, peppermint, and thyme essential oils.
- Blend them well, and then close your eyes.
- Lean over the bowl, and cover your head with a towel to trap the steam.
- Inhale deeply and then continue steaming for the next 5-10 minutes.
- This steaming with essential oils helps with consistent blood flow and combats dizziness.
How to Use Essential Oils for Vertigo and Vestibular Neuritis?
Essential oils blend can be best used with steaming water. You can inhale the steam 3-4 times for 10 minutes. For best results, try this 3-4 times a week.
Essential oils for vertigo are the most calming remedies to combat this issue. People with different reasons often face dizziness, which may even become a serious issue. You can easily create a recipe for yourself with essential oils blend to inhale at the time of vertigo or otherwise to get rid of dizziness.